DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary Mega Meet - Pictures/Mini DIS Meet report

Hello all! I promised to share some of my pictures from the Mega Meet. So here they are! I was at WDW for 8 days and plan to do a big trip report soon, but here's a mini report on the DIS part of my trip. :) This will be in several parts, due to the 10 picture limit per post.

Part 1: Friday, July 22

Stopped by the Boardwalk to pick up our credentials!
View attachment 186660

Didn't have time to stay there long. Briefly said hi to everyone, glanced at some of the auction items, and then had to head out to get to the Grand Floridian for tea with my Mom, Oliver, Madeline, Michael, Carol and a few other DISers! (Loved meeting @Lisann and @NeuroCindy at this too!)

My sweet Mom was on this trip with me and was part of our group!
View attachment 186668
View attachment 186666

View attachment 186665

Yum! I had never experienced afternoon tea at the GF. It was so wonderful!
View attachment 186661

It was such a pleasure to meet Pete's wonderful mother, Madeline! Such a sweet, lovely lady!
View attachment 186662

So great to meet Oliver and get the chance to talk with him some! What a genuinely nice guy...and so friendly and easy to talk to! Loved getting to know him a little bit.
View attachment 186663

I first met Michael and Carol briefly in Diagon Alley back in December during DISapalooza, but this was so much better...I actually had the chance to talk with them some and felt like I got to know them a little bit over the course of the weekend. I can't say enough good things about them...such kind, warm people.
View attachment 186664
Christy...I'm kind of laughing. In your third photo, of Oliver at tea, you can see me sitting at a table in the background (glasses, light-coloured shirt, in sort of profile). If I'd known, I would have waved. Great Mega Meet report. You did so much, it makes me feel lazy!

Last edited:
Christy...I'm kind of laughing. In your third photo, of Oliver at tea, you can see me sitting at a table in the background (glasses, light-coloured shirt, in sort of profile). If I'd known, I would have waved. Great Mega Meet report. You did so much, it makes me feel lazy!

That's hilarious! I see you! Hahahaha.Did you see Oliver and the group sitting there or didn't even realize we were over there at all? Funny.

And thanks! Yep you're lazy. :P Haha...just wait until I get to my big trip report...it was a crazy (in a good way) 8 days!

That's hilarious! I see you! Hahahaha.Did you see Oliver and the group sitting there or didn't even realize we were over there at all? Funny.
We were actually over there too while the tea was going on but we weren't in the restaurant. We were just browsing in the shops and visiting a friend who is a CM over there. We saw you all but only from the lobby outside of the restaurant.

What a great recap. I was at several of the events and you did a great job with your summary and your pictures. It was a pleasure meeting you and your Mom. I look forward to spending time with you again in the future.

And thanks! Yep you're lazy. :P Haha...just wait until I get to my big trip report...it was a crazy (in a good way) 8 days!
We did see the group but didn't interrupt. Had the time, though, while we hid indoors from the downpour. That was epic.

We were actually over there too while the tea was going on but we weren't in the restaurant. We were just browsing in the shops and visiting a friend who is a CM over there. We saw you all but only from the lobby outside of the restaurant.
Steve...I'll have to post my photos to see if I caught you or Christy. It shouldn't be surprising, with how many of us were on WDW, that our paths crossed without us knowing.

Christy, awesome pics! We met on the bus from Springs after the podcast... So nice to put a face to the name/posts!

Your report reminds me of how many people I met and how many I didn't. It was so tough to balance a WDW vacation and a Dis meet & greet. Like so many things at Disney world, this is just another reason to start planning our next trip.

Your report reminds me of how many people I met and how many I didn't. It was so tough to balance a WDW vacation and a Dis meet & greet. Like so many things at Disney world, this is just another reason to start planning our next trip.
We definitely had trouble balancing primarily because DD was with us and really wasn't interested in hanging out with our DIS friends. She wanted it to be a normal family vacation so we didn't throw ourselves into the Meet activities nearly as fully as we would have had it just been the 2 of us.

Great report! My boyfriend and I showed up in several of your pictures so that was neat. We attended the Video Blogging with Ryno with you and also the Connecting with Walt. We're the couple in the TTA car with Craig. Do you mind if I copy a couple of your pictures to keep?

We definitely had trouble balancing primarily because DD was with us and really wasn't interested in hanging out with our DIS friends. She wanted it to be a normal family vacation so we didn't throw ourselves into the Meet activities nearly as fully as we would have had it just been the 2 of us.

We definitely had that issue too of balancing a family vacation and the DISmeet ... makes me think that if they do have something for the board 20th next June might do an Adults only trip

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed seeing your photos. Val & I missed most of these events (I was at the podcast and we were both at the Epcot fireworks and the scavenger hunt) so it was good to see what we missed. As people have commented, the podcasters are all really nice people. Add to that the nice bunch of DIS-ers attending and it was all a really good time.

Great report! My boyfriend and I showed up in several of your pictures so that was neat. We attended the Video Blogging with Ryno with you and also the Connecting with Walt. We're the couple in the TTA car with Craig. Do you mind if I copy a couple of your pictures to keep?

Oh awesome! Good to put more faces with names. And please copy away! (And I appreciate you asking!) :)

Exactly! I met so many in a short amount of time and can't even remember some of those or match to people here. But there were also so many I didn't meet!

Christy, awesome pics! We met on the bus from Springs after the podcast... So nice to put a face to the name/posts!
Yes! Hi! It was a pleasure to meet you and your group...y'all were so very nice and I loved hearing about your ABD experiences. Thanks for helping me put a board name with your face! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter