DIS Universal Hall of Fame - Seuss Landing Attractions

Which attractions from Seuss Landing belong in The DIS Universal Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Please vote and help us establish The DIS Universal Hall of Fame. So far, the only attraction to be inducted is Jurassic Park River Adventure. For this poll, choose either Yes or No for each attraction. Thanks!

I wish I rode ANY of these rides when I went to universal :-( we thought they were a bit "kiddie"
Won't make that mistake next time.
And I won't tell my travel buddies the secret of one fish, Two fish!!

I've only been on Cat in the Hat. Three times: once with one niece, once with the other niece and once on my own. Its definitely earned its spot in the hall of fame. But I agree it needs some TLC.

Craig why don't we out up ET or Terminator those are without a doubt HOF worthy!

Is there a section on wdwinfo dedicated to this Hall of Fame? It would be awesome to see that once we get a few more in.

I voted no to pretty much all of them, to me when I went it just seemed like the kiddie section of that park, and while that's not a bad thing at all it just seemed nothing about that area screamed must do or man I can't wait to go to Universal to do that.

I'm loving the whole concept of Suess Landing, but I've never been there so I really can't vote on this one. Loved this week's show! Dr. Suess books were my fave growing up and I loved reading them to my kiddos when they were little too. :)

I don't understand why upkeep of Cat of the Hat is such a chronic problem. I have been on it multiple times and it often seems dirty. I remember one time one of the cat animatronics had a big old hand print on it.

For nostalgia purposes,, the cat in the hat gets my vote. It was one of the first (if not, The First) ride I ever went on in Orlando and for that reason, I love it! But I agree that it needs a lot of TLC. A grubby ride is memorable fir negative reasons.

The trolly however is awesome. I love the relaxing nature of the ride and think it helps pull the entire land together.

People go on one fish two fish to get wet, my kids will purposely try to get us wet and have the best time ever.

The team seemed to miss the whole point (bar Craig before his u turn) about guests reactions when coming off the ride, you see families laughing and joking when they are coming off the ride, I've never witnessed this reaction coming off the other rides in Suess?

I love Seuss Landing at IOA but for me one of the biggest indicators of Hall of Fame worthiness not mentioned in the show is comparison to other attractions. In sports reference, there are several great football players that don't go into the hall of fame. They don't make it because they aren't really good, but because only a select few get in and do they measure up to that level. If half of the rides get into the hall of fame is it really a hall of fame? Thats why I was happy to see Transformers not get in but River Adventure do get in even though I'm sure Transformers is really fun as well. For this reason the only two I would even consider are Train and Cat in the Hat, of which only one should probably get in. The only reason I can't vote for trolley train is the height limit on a children's ride. I may enjoy the ride a whole lot but not a single one of my nieces or nephews could ride this because they are too short and its things like this that keep the rest of my family from being that interested in Universal. I realize Universal wants to separate and distinguish itself from Disney, and Cat in the Hat doesn't do that too well because its a Disney style kids dark ride. However, it is still a very good ride that is Universal's own. I agree with Dustin that Universal is better at adult rides and thrill rides but if we're talking about a family style ride that everyone can do Cat in the Hat fits that description which is why it got my only vote.

People go on one fish two fish to get wet, my kids will purposely try to get us wet and have the best time ever.

The team seemed to miss the whole point (bar Craig before his u turn) about guests reactions when coming off the ride, you see families laughing and joking when they are coming off the ride, I've never witnessed this reaction coming off the other rides in Suess?

Don't fear. When I took the time to vote I changed my mind and voted a yes. We are losing the Fish battle.

I wish I rode ANY of these rides when I went to universal :-( we thought they were a bit "kiddie"
Won't make that mistake next time.
And I won't tell my travel buddies the secret of one fish, Two fish!!

The beautiful thing about "kiddie" rides is they give you those few moments to actually escape and enjoy things from a kid's perspective again. You don't have to admit to anyone that you actually enjoyed it, but deep down you know you will enjoy it.

Craig why don't we out up ET or Terminator those are without a doubt HOF worthy!

Is there a section on wdwinfo dedicated to this Hall of Fame? It would be awesome to see that once we get a few more in.

I voted no to pretty much all of them, to me when I went it just seemed like the kiddie section of that park, and while that's not a bad thing at all it just seemed nothing about that area screamed must do or man I can't wait to go to Universal to do that.

There will be a portion dedicated to this on the Universal site after we wrap up everything with our Land & Sea coverage, but pretty much all my week is dedicated to getting that content out in an organized and on time manner. Once we are past that I will start working on a tribute to these attractions that make it in.

I would say the next three we will most likely do will be Beetlejuice's Graveyard Mash-Up, E.T. Adventure and Terminator, but we don't have any specific dates yet of doing them. Probably sooner than later as these are really fun segments for us.

I don't really have much of a tie to Doctor Seuss but I was vaguely aware of it as a teen - mainly from visiting IOA. Never read the books as a kid but I lived in Scotland at the time so I don't think it was a thing. Please correct me if it was, maybe I was just deprived! :rotfl:

Coming to IOA since it opened I know Cat in the Hat (though I was thankfully spared from the film) and I really love the land as a whole. The bright colours and goofy music never fail to make me smile.

Trolley - I think I'll vote yes. I enjoy the people-mover aspect of it
One fish - Never actually been on this but I love the idea of it as it's unique. But I don't think I'll vote as I can't judge having not been on it. I'm going to have to ride this now when I visit in October as I'm curious.
Caroseusel - As much as I love the look of it and getting to pick an animal to ride I'm going to say no as I agree I wouldn't miss it if it were gone.
Cat in the Hat - I'm torn. I vaguely remember riding this a couple of years ago with my bf & his sister. We all just about fit on one bench comfortably and enjoyed it. But about 4 years ago, my bf and I rode it when we came just the two of us and it practically threw us off. We were genuinely scared as we were flying about all over the place. So I guess it's good if you fill the bench as you don't move as much. I think for now I'll vote no as i'm sure it needs some TLC. Looks like this is another one added to my must ride list next time too!

Enjoying the show, keep up the good work - I listen at work trying not to laugh. :rotfl:

The beautiful thing about "kiddie" rides is they give you those few moments to actually escape and enjoy things from a kid's perspective again. You don't have to admit to anyone that you actually enjoyed it, but deep down you know you will enjoy it.
Oh, I'm open about loving the kiddie rides, shows, movies etc. Let's be honest, I have 3 Harry Potter tattoos, one of which is on my hand for all to see and judge me, the other is a very large leg piece, I get picked on about it A LOT, so I'm all good with that.

The best part, I know the one fish, two fish secret and the others don't! *insert evil laugh*

I would say the next three we will most likely do will be Beetlejuice's Graveyard Mash-Up, E.T. Adventure and Terminator, but we don't have any specific dates yet of doing them. Probably sooner than later as these are really fun segments for us.

Oh man... Beetlejuice is probably the first thing that comes to mind if someone needed the quintessential American experience in 15 minutes.

Really by that I mean it's freaking God awful.

I truly wish I had gone to Universal when I was in Florida last time, but when I asked a friend about what they thought about Universal, they said they were not impressed and suggested that I would not like it, so I never went. I know better now tho thanks to Craig and the DIS Universal team. I am going to talk to Teresa when she is back to help me figure out what tickets would be best for when I go in April. So Thanks Craig, Ryno, JeniLynn and Dustin!! If it was not for all of you I would be missing out on some good stuff!

While I somewhat enjoyed all the attractions I can't whole heartedly say ANY of them deserve to be in the Universal Hall of Fame unfortunately. I don't think anyone except the biggest Dr Seuss fan would particularly miss them if they were gone, and people certainly won't be telling their friends back home "you simply must go to Islands of Adventure, the Trolley Train Ride is unmissable!"
Another point I'd like to make is I think even if they stick around for another 20 years they will never carry the historical nostalgic weight like Space Mountain does and become classic, nor were they even advanced for their time so yeah, its a no on all fronts for me I'm afraid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter