Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Ooooh....do tell!

It's great to see my DH healthy and ready for retirement next February. The past year has been a little scary at times.

Right before we left on vacation one of his friends passed away from a heart attack so we feel very thankful we didn't have the same outcome.

I bet! I didn't realize he was retiring so soon. When do you get to retire?

I have dreams of the end of next year, but it could be another year or two. I'd like to work part-time for a few years.

My travel habit makes me think I'll need to stay working.

Thankful party? I'm in! I'm thankful for all of you. Yes, you, my virtual Disney-loving friends.

PILGRI323.gif

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I don't know whether to be happy we are spending it alone, not to have to deal with crazy in laws. However the only time I had to do that was when Fran's parents were alive. Other than that the only other weird Thanksgiving was when I went to my sister's with my parents. I'm not sure we want to do that again. Besides the cold weather, I'd rather spend it alone with just the two of us.

Last edited:
Small group for us this year, only 10 or so. Just as well, since I'm still trying to get over this respiratory infection.

We'll be heading down your way in April since my DD flaked on our January trip and I needed to use up my points before they expired. We'll take our GS for a quickie trip.

The silly season officially started tonight.

Work Christmas function. No partners, stand-up finger food at a bar. *sigh*
Is Christmas over yet?

Oh and we totally changed our plans for our time at WDW before the cruise in January. Now we'll do dinner our arrival night at T-Rex, go to Magic Kingdom the next day and do the Ohana breakfast before heading to the cruise port.

I hope all of you US Fogies had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We went to the farm again this year. And as always, it was a wonderful visit. Our numbers vary from year to year. This year, we had about 30; other years, we've had up to 60. These two families and associated hangers-on have been celebrating Thanksgiving together since the holiday was declared, or so we're told. And like the Pilgrims and Native Americans first celebrated, it's a pot luck. No one tells you what to bring. You just bring a dish or two or more and head for the farm. No fancy china or table settings. No dressing up, 'cause you're on a working farm. Just lots of great food and good company. I'm a happy girl!

PIO, I feel your pain. I hated my company's holiday parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter