Dis Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale Germany Trip 9/20 - 9/28/2013

I cannot believe the gingerbread hearts did not break in the trip home!

What a wonderful adventure with everyone! :cheer2::cheer2:

Guess what I found at the library last night??? Sisi: Forever My Love. Break out the popcorn (and don't tell Brian)!!!!popcorn::

Laurie

Guess what I found at the library last night??? Sisi: Forever My Love. Break out the popcorn (and don't tell Brian)!!!!popcorn:: Laurie

I actually purchased it when we returned! Michael's teaser scenes got us hooked! Lol. DD20 and I watched it while DH kept walking in and out of the room sighing, "awwwww. Poor Sissi!" (Think's he's a comedian....). ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Some pics from our post-trip weekend in Salzburg and Vienna...

Here we are missing our expert photographer in Salzburg -

Where they filmed Do Re Mi -

The Palace used for the back of the Von Trapp's house -

Salzburg Cathedral where Mozart was baptized -

More Do Re Mi

St. Peter's Cemetery (where they hid after the concert)

SOM wedding church at Mondsee

Brian's favorite part of the SOM tour - Wheeeee!!!!!

The gardens at Schonbrunn Palace (the Habsburg's summer home) - reminded me of Versailles -

Hofburg Palace -

St. Stephen's Cathedral - it was completely destroyed in the last days of WWII and the entire country pitched in to rebuild

Statue of Johann Strauss

[/UR

Crown of the Holy Roman Empire -

[URL=http://s1062.photobucket.com/user/laurelmannion/media/photo-2.jpg.html]

A disturbing sight in front of the Vienna Opera House -

Laurie

Just got the chance to see Mike's photos after returning from Berlin. The creativity, colors & focus of your pix are so impressive!!! Thanks for sharing.

After seeing Laurie's photos of Vienna, I want to go there too. Glad you and Brian had a good time.

It was fun traveling with you all. Hope to see you on another Disney Adventure.

Kathy:wave:

Wow, Laurie! You guys really did accomplish a lot for a weekend! :thumbsup2 Great pictures!

Sayhello

I wanted to thank everyone for all the photos during and after your trip. The timing wasn't right for us to go (and my cell phone bill would have been astronomical even if we had gone) but this is a dream trip for me.

I'm rather in withdrawal with not having photos to look forward to each day.

Most of this day has been spent trying not to think about the 99 balloons song. :(

Sorry if I've just infected your mind.....

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's pictures from this adventure :goodvibes

Like Jack - this trip just wasn't in the cards for Dino and me, but seeing it through all your eyes was fantastic.

:flower3: thanks for taking me along

Most of this day has been spent trying not to think about the 99 balloons song. :(

Sorry if I've just infected your mind.....

Yes, Jim - you successfully planted the song in my brain. I am still not over the fact that what I thought was a happy little song about some balloons is about a nuclear war.:scared1:

Laurie

Apparently DHL was able to get an 18 wheeler into Rothenburg so they could load Christy's purchases from Käthe Wohlfahrt. Her container is being loaded onto a ship today and is on it's way to the Port of Houston.

resim.rsm

Apparently DHL was able to get an 18 wheeler into Rothenburg so they could load Christy's purchases from Käthe Wohlfahrt. Her container is being loaded onto a ship today and is on it's way to the Port of Houston.

resim.rsm

:rotfl2:

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter