DIS /Dreams Exclusive Backstage Magic Adventure 7/9-7/14/17 Sold Out!!

My house is coming along in Clermont, Florida....and it should be finished by January they are telling me.

Welcome to the neighborhood. Val & I moved to Winter Garden almost 3 years ago and are really enjoying it.

Our breakfast on day three will now take place at the Walt Disney Studios Commissary and lunch will be at the newly restored Grand Central Air Terminal on the Walt Disney Imagineering campus. This site was the birthplace of commercial aviation in the Los Angeles region and is associated with pioneers of American aviation including Amelia Earhart, Howard Hughes and Charles Lindbergh.

That sounds like a pretty good change. Done BSM several times and the lunch at the studio was fine. I'm sure breakfast will be good too. I'm thinking the change was made in order to tighten up that transition day. Traffic has always been a bit of an issue to get from Hollywood to Anaheim that day.

I agree that it's a great change. Maybe we'll have more time to check into the GCH and get ready for dinner.

Jeff, do you know where dinner is the first night at Disneyland? It was at Big Thunder BBQ when we went in 2014, but the restaurant has since closed down.

And thanks to Kevin for keeping us in the loop!

I believe our first dinner when we get to Disneyland is the the restaurant at the Disneyland hotel, Steak something or the other not 100% sure.

The changes sound interesting not sure what it all is if I'm honest or what it changes but it does sound good.

Jeff, do you know where dinner is the first night at Disneyland? It was at Big Thunder BBQ when we went in 2014, but the restaurant has since closed down.
They did it at Rancho del zoco in October. We didn't attend that night as we had other plans but I understand that folks enjoyed it. Not sure if this is a permanent change or just something they did for the DIS.

Thanks for the information. Dinner at Rancho del Zocalo would be nice. I've been to Disneyland more times than I can count, and I've never eaten there!

So excited! Bought our flights this morning on Southwest. $348 roundtrip from Buffalo, NY to LAX and back. Was stunned by the price. we were expecting $550-$600 especially flying in on a Saturday and leaving on a Sunday. Bought all our tickets with points!

6 months to go until we get there, cannot wait.

Our flights went down £700 since we booked our flights :( oh well not much we can do.

Really cannot wait now.

Seems like a lot of people are getting there on Saturday.

So I'm having a brain fart at the moment, excuse the lack of a better term. I cam arriving on the 9th and leaving on the 14th....when is the best time to be there and to leave? I have forgotten when we all meet up on the 9th and everything ends(for some of us) on the 14th....any info as to the itinerary? Thanks in advance guys.

So I'm having a brain fart at the moment, excuse the lack of a better term. I cam arriving on the 9th and leaving on the 14th....when is the best time to be there and to leave? I have forgotten when we all meet up on the 9th and everything ends(for some of us) on the 14th....any info as to the itinerary? Thanks in advance guys.

On the 9th, I think we'll be meeting at 5 p.m. or so for the welcome dinner. Our day on the 14th is on our own. We meet for breakfast and go our separate ways--to the parks, to the expo, back home or elsewhere. (And if you're going to the expo, you'll probably want to grab a really early breakfast on your own.)

I cam considering getting there a day early..I have to see my finances.

ABD requests that guests are on the ground by 1:00pm. This insures transfer time and time to check in and be ready for the Welcome Dinner. (usually 5 or 5:30pm).ABD only offers arrival transfers from LAX.

Our Adventure ends with a Farewell Breakfast on 7/14/17. This is different than the Welcome Dinner as there is not a specific time. Breakfast is usually offered from 7am till 8:30am. This is done to accommodate guests departure schedule.

There have been several times when our flight schedule has meant that we have had to miss the Farewell Breakfast. This just means that we say our goodbyes at the Farewell Dinner the night before. This not uncommon.

Also, some guests with later flights want to take advantage of the last day of the supplied park hopper and want to be in at Park opening. The Farewell Breakfast is a fluid thing.

ABD will provide departure transfers to LAX or John Wayne (Orange County) air ports.

John and I will be leaving the CG after breakfast and moving to one of the convention hotels for the D23 expo, so we expect to be there for breakfast.

Kevin,

I read in a thread on the ABD forum that some upcoming BSM adventures will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel (and having breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen) instead of the Grand California (breakfast at Storytellers). Do you know if our itinerary will be affected by this change as well?

Thanks!

Kevin,

I read in a thread on the ABD forum that some upcoming BSM adventures will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel (and having breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen) instead of the Grand California (breakfast at Storytellers). Do you know if our itinerary will be affected by this change as well?

Thanks!

Currently, yes....but I haven't said anything because I'm working on this.

Thanks Kevin. You are THE BEST. Seriously.

Personally, I would rather stay at the DLH and eat at GK. But I also like GCH and ST so either way it's fine with me.

We too would love to stay at the DLH too. I actually have a room booked there for the night of the 14th.

We had the chance to stay at the Residence Inn Anaheim Convention Center in December. It's next to where the D23 conference will be held.

We loved the hotel and its location. Plus there is a 24 hour CVS right there. It was perfect for us.

Just FYI in case anyone needs a hotel for the conference.

This might seem like a really stupid question, but what is the dress code?

I understand the parks are obviously what you want but not other theme park stuff, I mean the rest of the trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter