Dis Coordinator-No Show!

KCdisbride

Earning My Ears
My husband and I were married at WDW in July at the Wedding Gazebo. We had a lot of trouble with our wedding coordinator, Kirsten Wallace. She refused to answer questions along the way, and when we wanted to both sit on a 10 min. conference call with her at her convenience she told us she didn't have time. This was two weeks before our wedding, and I had arranged everything myself, so we decided not to raise a fuss. Then she didn't show up for our ceremony. Randy Chapman and Rev. Tim had to run the whole thing by themselves. Fortunately, they new how to set things up, where to get flowers, and the cake. However, our marriage license wasn't there since she had it. Disney was extremely apolegetic afterwards and refunded much of our ceremony, but it still made the day stressful at times. I would strongly encourage anyone who is unhappy with their coordinator to call and switch coordinators. We wish we had!

Kirsten Wallace was our first coordinator, and she really is a dud - we booked the wedding almost exactly 12 months out. About 5 months before our wedding date, she called us up, and said that she had just realized our wedding was on a Monday, and her day off was Monday, so she couldn't be our coordinator. Took her 7 months to figure that out? And the coordinators are given a schedule of weddings, and THEY CHOOSE the ones that they want.
She also was reluctant to answer our questions, as was our 2nd coordinator, Brad Crews, who later "left" Disney, thus giving us our 3rd coordinator about 6 weeks before our wedding date.
Both Kirsten & Brad, whenever we asked to change something, just kept answering, "You need to have a custom to do that." Well, they were wrong, and I knew they were wrong, so I just went around them and we had the wedding we'd always wanted, without their help.
Our 3rd coordinator, Lynn McKitrick, was AWESOME! She is so nice, and so helpful, and she really helped us and tried to get a bit creative for us. She is the best. So if anyone gets a chance to work with Lynn, she is just great!
I'm glad that WDW refunded most of your ceremony fees - I don't know where we would have been on our wedding day without Lynn. She took care of everything! Randy and Rev. Herring are great, too, but it is FTW's job to provide a coordinator for you.
What a pity, that Kirsten helped make your day more stressful.
Cheers!
Heather W

OMG !! This I know is every FTW bride's nightmare and I'm so glad you had Randy and Rev. Tim there to sort things out. How awful for you on your big day and everything. I'm so glad to hear that you've had refunds as such from Disney. But I'm sure it'll never take away the stress you felt on a day that should have gone without a hitch. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Originally posted by ahutton
Hopefully you expressed your displeasure with FTW management?

Probably they did, to get a refund...

Lynn is my coordinator. I have yet to speak with her since I am waiting on my packet to arrive. I hope to meet with her in about 3 weeks :)

You will love her! Lynn is the BEST! And we should know, having run through 3 of those coordinators :)
Cheers!
Heather W

Oh now I'm getting worried about who my EM is going to be - I'm waiting to hear as I type. My contract got there last week.

We had Kristen Wallace too.....apparently she was thrown in to replace our original coordinator at the last minute due to a maternity leave....can't say that I was terribly disappointed...it was an initimate wedding and there wasn't alot of interaction to begin with...all of the arrangements were done with the packet and blind faith..lol. We did have a hard time finding her at the Polynesian when we arrived and we had to ask each limo driver outside the Grand Floridian if they were waiting on our party (no signs) we were a bit on the casual side, but by no means looked like we were about to go ride Splash Mountain either. Wasn't really sure if we would get our marriage license back since no one was asked to witness it...we eventually got it back from the courthouse signed and sealed with just Reverend Day's signature...although when my mom got married in Florida they needed a sinature from the officiant and two witnesses for it to be binding...oh well I guess the seal makes it legal ...right? I hope so.

Stacy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter