DIRECT TV PROS & CONS

We currently have AT&T uverse which I like. What I do not like though is every year you have to call for discounts and the best deal, blah blah blah. Come on just give me a good product at a good price and quit making me jump through hoops every year. This is why I am thinking about going with Direct TV Now streaming but will have to see how that is going to effect my unlimited data on our phones

I have had directv for the better part of 18 years. I have zero complaints. Everytime my deal runs out I call and get it reinstated. The most recent was 3 months ago, so they had already merged with AT&T. Not only did the give me my discounts they upgraded my equipment and added a 4th tv at the same price, no contract, price locked for 2 years. I got it all in writing too.

We currently have AT&T uverse which I like. What I do not like though is every year you have to call for discounts and the best deal, blah blah blah. Come on just give me a good product at a good price and quit making me jump through hoops every year. This is why I am thinking about going with Direct TV Now streaming but will have to see how that is going to effect my unlimited data on our phones
We used to have to do that (along with saying we were leaving to go to X company) but last year in Feb when we called we upgraded to gigapower for not much more than what we were paying before. We also got a 1 year contract with a 3 year rate lock.

It helps that we had Google Fiber in full force around here along with other big name competitors.

We had Direct TV for 8 years (2000-2008) but had to drop them because they didn't have our local channels before the digital TV switchover and didn't know when they would get them. Dish already had them.

FWIW, when we had DirectTV, I liked them and never had a problem with them. The reception was better than Dish.

But, I will never go back to them just because they are now owned by AT&T. I was an AT&T customer until 2015 and I grew to hate them with a passion. AT&T customer support really sucks. If you need a service call, it may take a week or two for the workers to show up. They wouldn't tell you when they changed SMTP or POP ports and it would take hours on the phone over a period of weeks to get a problem resolved. I once called them got a better rate. Then, they cancelled our phone service and internet service with no explanation - they couldn't even figure out how it was done! We had to drop our AT&T DSL because they started capping our bandwidth and streaming would cause us to bust our cap every month. When we cancelled, it took two months for them to give us a final bill with a prorated charge. And, they kept billing me for service after I officially cancelled and they had my account flagged as closed!! They actually wanted me to pay in full for service we didn't use and then they would give us our money back. Ah, no. Every time they would call, or I would call after a late notice, I would tell them that I intend to pay them, but I want a prorated bill. I finally got one, but it took two months from when we cancelled to get it!

We got it thru Costco and have had it for over a year. It came with cash card from Costco and referral bonus for a year. We also got $10 monthly discount for bundling the bill with our AT& T wireless bill. We did that for a while but our bill was a disaster so we unbundled the bill. We had Comcast prior to that and Direct tv is better in my opinion. We're in the North East and has only had two outages for maybe 2 hours each in over a year. The price jump was a shock after a year especially after we forgot the Costco cash card we got at the beginning. We did call them and got a $30 monthly discount for one year. For now, all is well in Directv land and I would choose it over Comcast.

thanks for everyone's advice. for the time being we have made a slight change to our Dish package. Realized also we are paying $10 a month for like 4 local channels. So we will get an antenna to pick up more channels and drop that portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter