dinner options

inloveindisney

DIS Veteran
Here's what I was thinking: Instead of doing an actual reception dinner since we are doing an intimate wedding, we thought that after the ceremony and before our dessert party, we could all go to a restaurant. However, my question is: do they allow you to wear your wedding attire if you are not doing an actual reception? If they do, do you have any suggestions for a restaurant that is moderately priced?

You are allowed to wear your wedding attire at any of the resort restaurants- just not ones in the parks (ie- alfredos, brown derby.) I'm not having an actual reception, I am just having a dinner at the private room in Citricos after my wedding. For a reasonably priced dinner, I would suggest the Yacht Club.

soontobehoyt,

I got married at the wedding Pavilion, went to dinner, then had a Dessert Party at Epcot. Our first idea was to have dinner at Narcoosses (sp?), but I'm so glad we went with the Yachtsmen Steakhouse. It turned our great and the food was incredible, I had the steak and lobster (best I've ever had). The one reason I was glad that we did this is because we just walked over to the International Gateway after dinner, we didn't all have to pile back into the limo after stuffing ourselves, and the walk did me a little good and cleared a spot for dessert, plus we didn't have to pay extra time on the limo....they just dropped us off there after the reception at the GF. We had our own customized menus with no prices and our names and wedding dates at the top, plus I was able to wear my dress and the chair was very comfortable.......and my dress was big.........

I would highly recommend Yachtsmen Steakhouse to anyone for their wedding dinner, the food was great, the atmosphere was wonderful, plus they will serve your cake after you get done with your meal :)

We are having our wedding dinner at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse, I'm really looking forward to it. We have eaten there before so I know it's good. We are also going to have the menu's done without the pricing.

Hi! We had ours at V&A's private room, but I don't think I would call it moderately priced. You can also work with private dining - they have a few locations that you can use, and they can customize a menu for you, so you can go as moderate as a veggie platter, or as elaborate as you'd like.
Cheers!
Heather W

I'd recommend Spoodles! It's right on the Boardwalk so it's a quick walk to Illuminations, it's moderatly priced, so yummy, and they were really nice to us when we ate there on the last night of our Wedding/Honeymoon Disney vacation. You'll have a great time wherever you go!

Elissa
WP/BW
11/22/03

You can wear your wedding attire to the Epcot dessert party, as long as you are having a custom wedding through FTW. I have known several intimate brides who were not allowed to wear their wedding attire, though - they were made to change clothes, before being allowed into the park. Kind of stinks, that they make that differentiation - a dessert party is a dessert party, and a Disney bride is a Disney bride.
Cheers!
Heather W

My sister's wedding was on 12/3 and we had dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse, followed by an Illuminations Dessert Party. Dinner was fabulous. The manager, forgetting her name right now...., went above and beyond to make it a great meal. As a cost cutting measure, she printed up priceless menus for my sister excluding some of the really pricy choices, she even had their names and a bride/groom Mickey/Minnie printed on them and the date, so the menus became souveniers. I would definately recommend the restaurants.

Oh, we did not wear our wedding attire into Epcot. We didn't think we were allowed, and didn't really want to anyway. The wedding was at noon, so we had plenty of time to go back to our rooms, relax, change clothes and then meeting for dinner and the dessert party.

I think it's all who you talk to at FTW and at Epcot......I had an Intimate Wedding on 9-29-03 and I got to wear my dress into the park, no problems at all. I made it very clear when I started planning my dessert party that everyone involved knew I wanted to wear my dress in the park and no one even made mention of it again.

If you want to wear your dress I would ask your Dessert Party coordinator and your Wedding Coordinator, make sure they know that's what you want!!!

HTH

how many guest you have? i will have 30 guests, would that be enough to have private dinner at V&A? thx
Originally posted by D&R love Disney
We are having our wedding dinner at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse, I'm really looking forward to it. We have eaten there before so I know it's good. We are also going to have the menu's done without the pricing.

Does anyone know who I contact at V&A in the GF to arrange a menu for our wedding dinner. I also understand they have various locations for private dining, can you advise which locations are used and also will they arrange private dining for 6 people.

Minnie24

For a wedding party of 30 you can do a catered event just about anywhere if going through FTW. If you are doing another provider (like Just Marry) you may not have as many choices.

I tried to work out an event through group dining, and my contact was:

Brook Edwards
Park Catering & Event Services Manager
Phone: (407) 566-5478

I loved her - she was WONDERFUL! Full of great ideas, both for dinner and for dessert parties, at any park venue. The only reason it did not work out was the rest of the family - and once we knew it wouldn't happen she was still very kind.

So, what about a private dining even with 12 people? How would I go about doing that-or would it be best to do a regular meal?
What is the big deal about private dining? I saw someone said something about keepsake menus and i am assuming that there is a separate seating area? I am sure though that it is a lot more expensive right? I am mostly considering the yachtsman since the ceremony will be at the yacht club gazebo.

For Private dinning the Yachtsman would of been at the top of my list as well. This restraunt goes above and beyond the call of duty with thier customers whether you are a bride or not. I eat there several times during my visits there and since I am a frequent visiter they know me by name and will alway give my family and I complimentary dessert and champange. One waiter to recommend if it is a evening dinner is MICHAEL. He is absolutely Fabulous!!!
Now I cant wait to go back. UUUGGHHHH!!!

By the way they have the best Filet Migon and Lobster tail I have ever had!!!! Land and Sea thats whats for me everytime I visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter