Dinner and Wishes

kbbreaux

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first trip so I will have many questions!

We are arriving 11/11 which is my grandson's birthday - is there a place in MK to eat dinner and watch the fireworks? We are on the dining plan if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

There is not a good restaurant inside MK where you can have a good view of the fireworks unless you just grab a hot dog and a table outside Casey's Corner (they will all get taken early). I believe there is a restaurant at the Contemporary where you can see the fireworks from, but I don't know much about it.

If you want to stay in the park, I would try to eat before the fireworks and time it to be done about an hour before the start time so you can get a good spot.

Agreed. Eat before, and find a spot to watch, especially if this is your first visit.

No restaurants in-park have a good view of Wishes. Outside of the park, California Grill and Narcoosee's both offer excellent views, but are Signature/Fine Dining, which may not be how you want to spend an 11-year-old's birthday.

I would do a special meal earlier in the day, and eat Quick Service before fireworks.

HDDR or Ohana is they way I am leaning now. We did DS last year and it was really good food but this time with the kids I need something that really gets them in the mood for the next morning.

We are planning our first trip so I will have many questions!

We are arriving 11/11 which is my grandson's birthday - is there a place in MK to eat dinner and watch the fireworks? We are on the dining plan if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

I agree with the others. There are no restaurants in MK with a view of the fireworks. You don't mention your grandson's age. If he is younger, I would recommend Crystal Palace for dinner with Winnie the Pooh and Friends. If he is older, consider Skipper Canteen. If you want a good, special spot to see the fireworks, I highly recommend the Wishes Dessert Party with Plaza Gardens viewing. The party is held at Tomorrowland Terrace and then you are led to the Plaza Gardens for a great, uncrowded, direct view of the fireworks. DS9 and I did this on our last trip and we thought it was spectacular. If you would like to leave the park for dinner, Chef Mickey would be fun for a younger child, O'hana would be fun for a younger or older child (go to Trader Sam's beforehand, before 8 pm, to see the antics when people order drinks in the lounge!). If you leave the park, there is good fireworks viewing from the Poly beach and Grand Floridian marina or boat docks. As _auroraborealis_ pointed out, there are also two restaurants on the monorail that will offer fireworks viewing, but they are signature restaurants, so it just depends on what type of atmosphere you are looking for for the birthday celebration.

He turning 6 on arrival day! Can you use the dining plan with the Wishes Dessert Party?

He turning 6 on arrival day! Can you use the dining plan with the Wishes Dessert Party?

Unfortunately, you can't use the dining plan for the dessert party. Currently the Wishes dessert party with Plaza viewing is $59 per adult and $35 per child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter