Dining Reviews May 5 - May 12

stnet

DIS Veteran
We are Me - 29, DH 30, and DD 4. We arrived on Sat. the 5th for our week at the Poly. We ate a lot at Captain Cooks. The pizzas, turkey sandwich, and chicken strips were are great. The grown up grilled cheese was good also just be prepared for strong blue cheese flavor.

Sunday May 6

Breakfast was at Donald's with the characters. Arrived early and were seated close to our ADR time. Waiter was very good. Very talkative and attentative. Food was really good - loved the breakfast pizza. Characters were wonderful and it was a great way to start the trip. A++

Dinner was at Coral Reef. Seated within 5 minutes of checking in. Were on the back tier but still had a good view of the tank. Server was not so great and the food was just okay. Appetizer I had the Lobster soup which was excellent and DH had the beef shrimp skewer which was also really goo. I had the Mahi Mahi and DH had the Strip which was good. Daughter had the mac and cheese which was pretty tasty. I had the chocolate wave for dessert which was good but not great. Probably won't return would rather try something else. B

Monday May 7

Lunch at Prime Time. Were seated within 10 minutes of checking in. DH and myself had Bloody Mary's which were excellent. For lunch I tried the fried cheese (just okay) and husband had the onion rings (good). For entree I had the pot roast which was sooo goood and DH had the turkey sandwich which he said was fine. Uncle David was our server and he was good not over the top but not boring either. Overall I give it an A and we will be back.

Dinner was at Columbia Harbour House
Chicken Strips all around - they were great. A++

Tuesday May 8

Breakfast delivered to the room. I had the Tonga Toast which was great, DD had Mickey waffle, great also and DH ordered the item that came with a little bit of everything great also.

Lunch was at Cinderella's Royal Table. Were seated right away. Picture with Cinderella was great. The appetizer plate was just okay, we both had the Major Domo's and it was really good, we both cleaned our plates. The princesses came by along with the Fairy Godmother. Jasmine skipped us which kinda of upset my daughter. The server was just okay. Overall I give it a B- but if daughter wants to we will go back, its just a neat place to eat at.

Wednesday May 9
Lunch was at Le Cellier. Waited about 10 minutes after ADR to be seated. Server was good, bread especially the pretzel bread was so good. Appetizers I had the cheddar cheese soup (yummy) and husband the mozzarella tomato beefstack which was also good. The filet for me and the strip for husband. They were both excellent but the cream cheese mashed potatoes were to die for. Yummy. A-

Dinner was off the World at Chevy's.

Thursday May 10

Lunch was Backlot Express, chicken strips again and were good again.

Dinner was at Sci-Fi were seated about 20 minutes after our ADR. I really was hoping this would be good but it so was not. The server was horrible it took forever to get everything and he didn't even bring the food out. After he brought me the check (we were on the dining plan) but had to pay for the Tinkerbell drink I waited 10 minutes to ask him if had a charged my room already or if I could pay cash. Then it took 15 minutes for him to come back to get my money. Anyways the food - DH had the chili which was the bright spot I had the spinach dip which was just okay. DH had the ribs which he said were terrible but the potatoes with it were even worse. I had the chicken sandwich that wasn't horrible but wasn't great either. Overall I give it a D - the milkshake and the chili were the only bright spot.

Friday May 11th.

Ate at San Angel Inn for lunch. This was one of the best meals we had the food was good and the server was also very good. Will definetly be back. A+

Dinner was at Cosmic Rays. I had the rot. chicken and mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were just okay but the chicken was great. DH had cheeseburger and chili cheese dog - must have been good because there was nothing left.

Saturday May 12
Lunch at the Crystal Palace. This was great. The server was wonderful as was the food and the character interaction. Tigger and Piglet actually hit us twice. A+ and we will be back.

Overall the service at the character meals as was the food was better than the table service. Any questions just let me know.

Loved your reviews. You arrived at WDW when we left and it seems that we ate at the same places. I agree about Donald's breakfast pizza - so yummy! I think your reviews were right on mine exactly. The only difference is that we had a great experience at Sci Fi, but then again it was lunch instead of dinner. Thanks again for taking the time to post!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews...........just booked Crystal Palace for lunch this upcoming Friday. I have only eaten breakfast there, so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the lunch.....can't wait.....

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Lunch was at Cinderella's Royal Table. Were seated right away. Picture with Cinderella was great. The appetizer plate was just okay, we both had the Major Domo's and it was really good, we both cleaned our plates. The princesses came by along with the Fairy Godmother. Jasmine skipped us which kinda of upset my daughter. The server was just okay. Overall I give it a B- but if daughter wants to we will go back, its just a neat place to eat at.

Thanks for the reviews! Just a couple of questions.

Was Aurora at CRT lunch? She is a must see for my DNiece 4.
Also did whole families take pictures with Cinderella or just the kids?

No Aurora was not at CRT which was some what of a disappointment. She was there when we went in Sept 05 as was Mary Poppins. We were able to choose to have whole family or just kids for the Cinderella picture. On a side note Aurora was in the gardens in France at the World Showcase and there was no line for her at all. Its kinda of hidden to the right of France.

No Aurora was not at CRT which was some what of a disappointment. She was there when we went in Sept 05 as was Mary Poppins. We were able to choose to have whole family or just kids for the Cinderella picture. On a side note Aurora was in the gardens in France at the World Showcase and there was no line for her at all. Its kinda of hidden to the right of France.

Thanks for the Aurora in France info! If we don't catch her at Toon town maybe we can catch her in France. We have 7 kids in our group and they were each asked who was their favorite character. Most were pretty easy (Mickey, Donald, Pluto) because we are doing Chef Mickey's our first night. Aurora is the unpredictable one.

I was also glad you liked the Major domo at CRT as that is what I plan on ordering.:)

Thanks for your reviews!

Could you tell me what were some of the foods served at lunch at the Crystal Palace? This place has been getting great reviews and I'm thinking of adding it for our trip in Nov.

At the Crystal Palace for lunch, they had a really nice salad bar area, with breads and some pasta salads that were good. The hot food was some of the best mashed potatoes, great green beans, flat iron steak, different pastas, (omg I can't remember anything else and that was only 2 1/2 days ago) on the kids buffet was chicken strips, green beans, and mac and cheese. Oh they also had some really good pizza on the adults. The favorite for me was the desserts. There were two sides and each side had something different. One side was totally chocolate which is like heaven for me. Pecan choc. pie bars, whiskey choco. pudding, brownies all were wonderful.

I am glad to see a review of the Sci-FI-we have not been there before & were considering but maybe not so much now.

I was really disappointed with Sci-Fi. The atmosphere was fun but the food and service was just awful. I have noticed that people tend to have much better luck at lunch. I would still try it I'm glad we did so now I know that its not for us. If you don't go in with high expectations you could come out surprised. Also the milk shake was really good and DD4 loved the glow in the dark Tinkerbell that clips on to the drinks.

Hi, Thanks for your reviews. I just had a quick question.

Do you think CRT is worth it for a couple without children? Ive been there before with my family but I havent been there in a long time. Thanks.

It has changed in recent years and it was still one of our highlights of the trip. I think even if our daughters didn't come with us we would still do it. The Major Domo's entree was one of the best meals that we had. It's also fun to watch all of the kids get so excited. You could still take your picture with Cinderella if you wanted too, she was downstairs. Also its just such a neat place to eat - I can always remember wanting to eat in the castle when I was kid. Anyways in a long answer I guess my answer is yes I think its still worth it.:)

Thanks for sharing the reviews. I've never been to the Crystal Palace for lunch -- only breakfast, but now I might have to try a different meal. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter