Dining reviews from our trip 11/9-17/2017

Paticake

DIS Veteran
We traveled in Nov. with a large group, 17, ages 1-65. Table service meals included Liberty Tree Tavern, Big River Grill, Raglan Road and House of Blues and Akershus . 17 people did not eat all together at each restaurant. Counter service included Flame Tree BBQ, Artist Palette, Food an Wine Kiosks, Ghirardelli.

Part 1 -Table service

Liberty Tree Tavern (we actually had 3 ADR's) I went to the restaurant early to request that we be seated together. They were accommodating although we did have to wait a little longer. We were seated at 2 tables next to each other. We had 7 children in our party and really appreciated how quickly salad, bread and drinks were brought out. Our server was really good. He refilled drinks, bread and salad without even being asked. I thought the turkey was excellent. The beef tasty and the ham as well. The sides were really good and hot. Everyone was very happy with the meal.

9 of us enjoyed the Princess Breakfast at Akershus. The buffet had fresh fruit, pastry, cheese, smoked fish etc. We had to go back a few times to get specific items that didn't seem to be replenished fast enough. The food delivered to the table was hot and fresh. We really enjoyed the cheesy potatoes. The character interaction was really good and our girls were able to be in the "Princess Parade" 2x. The last time we were there we received a picture package. This time it wasn't included but the price certainly did not go down. I felt that it was pretty pricey but the experience was wonderful.

Raglan Road is one of our favorites. We usually eat inside but this time we ate outside and listened to Jen Lyons sing and play her guitar! She was awesome. Service here was very slow, so much so that the manager came to our table to apologize. The Scallop Forest was excellent! My husband and I split that with a fish and chips and onion rings. We so enjoyed Jen that even with slow service we didn't mind. The manager ended up comping dessert and drinks. We didn't even complain.

Big River Grill was once again a hit. Love their beer cheese soup. My DH had the meatloaf and loved it. Our server was very good and entertained the kids some little riddles.

House of Blues- Our party loved the cornbread, I had a great burger! We ate late afternoon and there were some good drink and apps specials. We usually eat here at least once per trip. It is easy to walk up and get in without ADR's. Good discount with DVC or AP 20%.

I was pretty satisfied with the meals we had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter