• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reviews Complete Just added Marakesh, CRT, RFC, Earl of Sanwich and AK/MK CS

skuttle

DIS Veteran
Reviewed so far:
Day 1: ASMu food court, dinner.

Day 2: Hollywood and Vine, breakfast
Flatbread Grill, lunch
Mama Melrose, dinner

Day 3: Crystal Palace, breakfast
Pecos Bill, lunch
Concourse Steakhouse, dinner

Day 4: ASMu food court, breakfast
Sunshine Seasons, lunch
Coral Reef, dinner

Day 5: RFC @ AK, breakfast
Flame Tree BBQ, lunch
Restaurantasaurus, dinner

Day 6: ASMu food court, breakfast
Earl of Sandwich, lunch
Marakesh, dinner

Day 7: ASMu food court, breakfast
Columbia Harbor House, lunch
Cinderella's Royal Table, dinner

Day 8: ASMu food court, breakfast

We just returned from WDW on Sunday, January 7th. We did the DDP for the second time. We did it last December when DS was still under 3. This year, he was 3 ½ so he was on the plan as well. If we are able to go again next year, I doubt we’ll do the dining plan. There were a couple of times where DS was tired and ready to leave the park or wanted to eat earlier than our ADR for dinner, but we felt like we had to stick it out or loose money. With DS at such a young age, I think we’d all benefit from more flexibility as far as meals go. I will still plan all of my TS meals as I’ve always done, even before the dining plan, but I think not having the plan will allow us to skip a meal if needed and not feel like I’m losing anything.

We do the dining plan for the convenience of it, and not to try to save money, so my reviews won’t include any dollar figures as I didn’t really pay attention to that other than to figure out what meals to pay out of pocket for.  We arrived at WDW on Dec 31, but our package didn’t start until Jan 1. I booked two separate reservations to avoid paying the Dec 31 rate the entire week.

Day 1, December 31, 2006 ~ Arrive

All Star Music Food Court - Dinner
Out-of-Pocket

This is the day we arrived. We arrived at All Star Music around 4 or 5pm. Since it was New Years Eve and we had been driving all day, we had decided to keep dinner low key and just ate at the food court. This was our first trip staying at a Value resort, so we were new to the food court. It wasn’t too crowded, but I assume a lot of that was due to everyone being out enjoying their New Years Eve in a more festive manner. ;)

I actually just had a hot dog with chili and cheese. The hot dog was very long, but not really thick. It came with a lot of fries. The cheese was just nacho cheese. It was very salty…not sure if it was the hot dog, the cheese, the chili, or the combination of them all, but I found it salty. Not unbearable, but enough for me to comment on it to DH.

DH had the Chicken Penne Alfredo. It was a breaded chicken breast served with penne pasta with Alfredo sauce. I think it may have come with bread, too. DH said it was okay.

DS had pizza and ate it up. He’s only 3 ½, so no comments really regarding the food.

Overall, it was standard counter service fare. Nothing extra special, but also not horrible. This was our first meal of the trip and we paid out of pocket for it…so we had a bit of sticker shock when we checked out, but other than that the meal was fine.

Day 2, January 1, 2007 ~ MGM

Breakfast – Hollywood and Vine character meal
Out-of-pocket

We had ADR’s for 9:00am, but we arrived much earlier! I think we were there around 8:15 or 8:30am. We were allowed into the park (park opened at 9am), went to the restaurant and we were seating right away. The place was practically empty! The park was that entire morning, but I assume it was from everyone recovering from a late night the night before (New Years Eve). Present were June and Leo from the Little Einsteins and JoJo and Goliath. Each came around to our table several times. They also dance to music with the kids, but DS didn’t want to go up and dance with them. Other kids did, thought, and it looked like they were having fun! They also played music from all of the Playhouse Disney shows, so DS enjoyed singing along. He also received some Little Einstein tattoos.

The food was your standard breakfast buffet fare. It was fresh and tasty, but I don’t think they had anything out of the ordinary. It’s a bit pricey compared to other buffets, but DS loves JoJo and the Einsteins so we did it. I’m not sure if I’d do it again. We saw JoJo, June, and Quincy later in the day on Mickey Avenue with no line.

Lunch – Flatbread Grill (near the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground)
Dining plan

We decided to eat here because we were in the area and wanted to make the 1:15 Lights, Motors, Action stunt show.

I had the BBQ pulled pork sub with chips. It was actually pretty good. It was big enough that I didn’t even touch my chips. DH had the Chicken Caesar wrap and enjoyed it as well. It was also pretty big. For dessert DH and I both had the marble cheesecake. It’s a packaged cheesecake, but it was pretty good considering.

DS had the PB&J. This was the packaged circle kind. I can’t think of who makes them, but you can buy them anywhere. I was actually relieved to see this as it’s less messy! He had this with grapes, applesauce, and jello. DS ate the PB&J and applesauce, as well as some of my chips.

Overall, it was a good counter service meal. Something a little different.

Dinner – Mama Melrose
Dining Plan

This was our third time at Mama Melrose. We hadn’t been in a few years (usually do 50s for lunch) so decided to try it again.

For appetizers were had the Oven-baked Caprino Cheese (Dh and I shared) and a Caesar Salad (DH). Both were good, nothing special. For entrees, I had the Wood Grilled Chicken and DH had the Eggplant Napoleon. Mine was good, but nothing out of this world. It only had maybe 3-4 artichokes in it, but did have a good bit of chicken. DH really enjoyed his. He never orders Eggplant so he enjoyed this meal as being something different. For dessert, I had Warm Chocolate Truffle Cake and DH had the Tiramisu. Both were good, but again, nothing out of this world. I have yet to be wowed by an Italian restaurant at WDW. Maybe it’s the nature of the food, I don’t know. It was a good meal, but nothing really stood out.

I was a bit nervous at first because our server announced that this was his first day, but he did fine.

DS did the Kid’s Pick. For an appetizer he had the Vegetarian Minestrone. He didn’t touch it but I enjoyed it! Entrée he had pizza again. Didn’t touch it. Dessert he had ice cream. Didn’t touch it. It looked good…made like their flatbreads. He kept telling us he wasn’t hungry. Little did we know, he had an upset stomach. We were in one of the stores right as we were leaving and he says, “Mom, I have to throw up.” We made it outside, thankfully! Earlier that day, he cried for fruit chews for a snack. I had totally forgotten them in the room. We found some mickey head gummies and he ate those. Well…he ate TOO many of those and it made him sick! I felt so bad for him, but at the same time it made for a good lesson for the rest of the trip. Every time he asked for junk food again, we always brought up how he ate to much the first day and got sick. Helped us win that battle quite often.

Day 3: January 2, 2007 ~ MK

Breakfast – Crystal Palace
Out of pocket

This morning, we started our MK day with an early breakfast at Crystal Palace. We had an 8:05am seating and park opened at 9am. We had no trouble catching a bus from ASMu to the MK. We were actually at MK before they even started letting people into the park. When we arrived at CP, there was a long line of people waiting to check in. I don’t think they started checking people in until 8:005am. The line moved pretty quickly once it started. Once they started calling people, we were called quickly as well.

This was our second time doing CP. We started our MK day last year with breakfast here. I think this will become a tradition now that we have DS. All the characters came around, but Pooh and Eeyore were pretty slow. Pooh even was lapped by Tigger! We were finished our meal and still hadn’t seen Eeyore, so we waiting for him. We didn’t get into the park until after it had already been opened to the public. Last year, we were waiting under the castle for rope drop, so I was a little disappointed that breakfast took so long this year. It was more crowded this year than last (week before Christmas) so I assume that had a lot to do with it.

Food was fine. Standard breakfast buffet, IMO. I tried the breakfast lasagna last year and determined it was way too sweet for me, so I skipped it this year. I did take advantage of the made-or-order omelet station, which was wonderful! It was very good and I’ll definitely do it again…just something a little different. We all enjoyed it.

Lunch – Pecos Bill / Hot dog cart
DDP

Around lunch time, we were in Frontierland, so just decided to go to Pecos Bill. It wasn’t too bad when we first arrived. We were able to find a table easily. However, it started to rain while we were in there (rained all day, actually) and people started crowding in trying to avoid the rain. I wish WDW could do something about that, but not sure what they could do.

We had been here before, so knew what to expect re the food. I had a cheeseburger and DH had a double bacon cheeseburger. Both came with fries. We both had the peanut butter brownie mousse for dessert. It’s a packaged dessert, but still pretty good. If you want a burger, Pecos Bill is a pretty good pick since they have the fixin’s bar.

The kids menu here had NOTHING DS would eat…only that cold chicken and sloppy joe! Not even a burger!! I have since heard that you can ask for a kid’s burger…didn’t know that at the time. I asked DS what he wanted, and he said chips. He had eaten a lot for breakfast, and before the trip I stated that food was one thing I wasn’t going to fight about with him. If he ate at least one good meal a day, I’d be happy. So, outside of Pecos Bill was a car selling hot dogs. They had chips so I took DS there. While in line, he decided he wanted a hot dog, too. They had a meal for $7 including a hotdog, chips, and a drink. There was not DDP sticker by it, so I figured I’d have to pay for it, which was no big deal. When I handed the CM my card to charge it to the room, she said she could do it as a CS meal. I told her it was for my DS, and she said that it wasn’t a problem…that a CS meal was a CS meal. So that’s what we did for DS. He actually ate the ENTIRE hotdog (minus the bread).

Dinner – Concourse Steakhouse @ the Contemporary
DDP

We arrived at the CR earlier than our ADR. We were tired of being in the rain, so we left MK and figured we’d hang out in the CR before our ADR. We checked in when we arrived and were told that the pager would work on that entire floor, so we were able to walk around. I believe we were paged right around our ADR time, so that worked out well.

This was our first time here. I didn’t find Chef Mickey’s to be distracting at all, and our table was right next to Chef Mickey’s. DS never noticed (thankfully!!) the shadows of the characters on the other side of the window. 

Normally when we go out to dinner, if we get an appetizer and/or dessert, we all split one. What I like about the DDP is that it allows us the try things we normally wouldn’t because we wouldn’t all like it. For an appetizer, DH ordered the Onion Rings and Dips. I can’t stand onion rings, so DH really enjoyed getting this! It comes with three dips…a horseradish, a spicy dip, and a sweeter dip. I had the lobster bisque which was really good. Not a whole lot of lobster in it, but still very good. I love soups and rarely order then so this was very enjoyable for me!

For an entrée, DH had the special, which was buffalo. He had buffalo last year at Artist Point and enjoyed it so ordered it here. I forget what it came with. He really enjoyed it and says it doesn’t taste much different from other meat. I had the 10oz New York Strip with mashed potatoes and the oven roasted mushrooms. It was a little over cooked, but still good.

For dessert, DH had the crème brulee and I had the triple chocolate cake. DH really enjoyed his dessert. Mine was okay and I wish I had ordered something different than chocolate cake! Our CM asked us for our dessert order at the same time as our entrée order. I wasn’t expecting this and wasn’t prepared, and instead of asking for more time, I just blurted out chocolate cake. It was good, but I really didn’t want more chocolate cake!

DS had a salad for an appetizer, which just sat there. For an entrée, he had mac n cheese. It looked really good! He had grated cheese on top and just looked homemade…not out of a box. Who knows how they make it, but it looked yummy. For dessert, he had the make-your-own sundae. DS doesn’t care for ice cream (says it’s too cold! LOL!), but he had a lot of fun decorating the sundae with the mickey sprinkles, chocolate syrup and the cherry on top! It at least kept him occupied so that we could enjoy our dessert.

Out CM was very concerned that I had only asked for water to drink and kept offering me various liquids on the dining plan, but I didn’t want anything so it was fine.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Loving your Dining Reviews! :thumbsup2 Sorry to hear about DS getting sick early one - but, I know from experience that happens sometimes on vacations. ;)

Happy to hear you enjoyed Flatbread Grill - we're still looking for someplace decent to eat at MGM. We also love Crystal Palace - it's been on our must-do list for years. :)

Great reviews, looking forward to more. I also have to comment that DS looks adorable in your siggy pic! :goodvibes

Thanks!

Emily: MGM is hard, isn't it?? Nothing really stands out to me there!

Swankybeth, thanks! Not sure how I managed to get such a good picture of DS during the ride! I cut off DH's head, but DS looks cute. LOL! The rest of the pictures I took are either blurry or cut off. At least I got one good one!

Day 4, January 3, 2007 ~ Epcot (Future World)

Breakfast: ASMu Food Court
Out of Pocket

Breakfast always seemed like the meal where DS would eat the most. I guess because we were just starting the day and I didn’t make him stop doing anything fun in order to eat. Today, we slept in a bit before heading over to Future World at Epcot. We didn’t get to the food court until around 10 or 10:30am, so it wasn’t very crowded at all. DS picked “his table” without any problems…all the way in the back, right in front of the big TV showing cartoons.

I had the adult breakfast platter, which came with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and a biscuit. It was very good and a lot of food. I gave DH my sausage and DS some of my eggs and I was still full. It was very fresh. DH had the French Toast with sausage. DS had the kids breakfast platter, which came with eggs, bacon, and applesauce. He enjoyed it…even asking me for more eggs. Overall, it was a good breakfast to start our day. Nothing fancy, but still good and filling.

Lunch: Sunshine Seasons (In the Land)
DDP

After breakfast we headed out to Epcot. We planned on only spending the day checking out Future World. After spending about an hour trying to calm down DS…who was having a full out meltdown because he wanted a WDW football (which would be his 2nd WDW football, and probably his 10th football over all!), we managed to enjoy the rest of our day.

For lunch, I suggested Sunshine Seasons. I remembered reading here on the DIS that they offered a different variety of foods and that it was pretty good. We didn’t head over there for lunch until probably 1 or 2pm, but it was still VERY crowded in there!

DH and I both did the Asian selection. We did the one entrée and two sides. I had sweet and sour chicken with broccoli and noodles. It was very good. The chicken even had pineapple mixed in with it. Very yummy and a good amount of food. DH had some sort of beef…I forget the exact name, but it was yummy and spicy. It had crunchy green beans mixed in and they were very good! With his, he also got the noodles and some sort of mixed veggies. We both really enjoyed this. Something different.

For dessert, we were allowed to pick anything from the dessert selection. NOT just the prepackaged stuff either. This was REAL dessert from the bakery section. DH had the Butterfinger brownie and I had the Butterfinger cheesecake. Both were very good!

DS had a chicken leg with mashed potatoes and grapes, with apple sauce for dessert. He enjoyed the chicken. However, if you have a child over 3 or 4, there NO WAY this would fill them up! This chicken leg was a normal size chicken leg. Very small for older kids, but just find for DS. He didn’t care for the mashed potatoes as they had the skins mixed in. I think he share our desserts…what kid wants applesauce for dessert? DS is still small so he wouldn’t have eaten much dessert anyways, and with the dining plan you get so much food, it’s easy for us to share.

Dinner: Coral Reef
DDP

I was really looking forward to this meal. It was somewhere new as we had never been here before. After reading such mixed reviews here on the DIS, I didn’t know really what to expect. We walked in, checked in maybe 5 min or so before our ADR time. I brought DS to potty, and was we were walking out they called our name. The waiting area was packed with people, but we didn’t wait long at all.

This was my FAVORITE meal of the trip! Another great place to eat at Epcot!! I definitely fall on the LOVE IT side of the Coral Reef debate.

First, I must say this restaurant is beautiful. We were seated on the top most level, but towards the front. We had a fine view of the aquarium. I suppose I understand why people want a seat close to tank, but I think any seat would give a great view. And honestly, I think you are able to see more being further away than right up on a tank.

Our CM was nice, but something about him bugged me. He didn’t seem genuine I suppose. He seemed like we bothered him. I don’t know how to explain it, but I just had a weird feeling about him.

For appetizers, DH had the Braised BBQ Beef. He said it was okay…tasted like a BBQ roast, nothing special. He was a bit disappointed in it and wished he had ordered differently. I had the Seafood and Crab soufflé and LOVED it! It was very good. DH tried it and said that I won the battle of the appetizers.

For an entrée, DH had the Tuna. He said the tuna was excellent and he really enjoyed it. It was served with wasabi mashed potatoes. He didn’t care for those much. I think the wasabi was too strong. But he said the tuna made up for it!

I had the Blackened Catfish with pepper jack cheese grits. DH thought I was nuts for ordering this since, in South Louisiana, I can get blackened catfish at any time. It sounded good to me, though, and the grits intrigued me! The fish was awesome. Very good, and very spicy. It had some tomato stuff on top of it, but I don’t eat tomatoes so I just pushed it to the side. It was a big piece of fish, too. The grits did not disappoint. They were very yummy! You could really taste the pepper jack but it wasn’t overpowering.

For dessert, even though I was sick of chocolate (I know..how can that be??), I HAD to order the chocolate wave. It was very good. Not much white chocolate in the middle, but still yummy. I was glad I ordered it! DH had the pineapple upside down cake and enjoyed it.

As for DS, the menu on all ears is not the menu we had. DS had the find-it-everywhere-kids-meal-pizza, minus the chicken. With it, I was able to request the apples and the yogurt because those were the only two things I thought he would even try that we could pick. The apples had a teeny tiny amount of brown sugar on them, which made them a dessert, and the yogurt was also considered dessert, so DS didn’t get dessert with his meal. He actually FELL ASLEEP during this meal (we have great pictures and video of him sitting up, asleep!), so it didn’t matter. He ate up the pizza, though, and seemed to enjoy it. He took one bite of the yogurt, but didn’t care for the granola mixed in. Didn’t touch the apples.

This trip, it didn’t matter much because DS is still young and doesn’t eat much. But I can’t imagine an older child on the dining plan…you get apples or yogurt for dessert??? Remember all of the cool desserts WDW used to offer for kids? I know WDW is trying to force people to eat healthier, but it bugs me. At least keep one neat dessert for kids…even if not part of the dining plan. I would have paid extra once or twice for a neat dessert for DS. It would have been a fun memory for him.

I always enjoy reading reviews from fellow Louisianians!!!!!!! I had never heard of Flatbread Grill but will have to remember that as MGM is a tough dining park. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed Coral Reef as we plan on going for the first time on our next trip.:thumbsup2

Day 5, January 4, 2007 ~ AK

Breakfast: RFC at AK
Out of Pocket

We started our day with an early breakfast at RFC in AK. This was a first for us. DH and I have eaten lunch at RFC in DTD a couple of times, but we’ve never been to the one in AK and never for breakfast. DS has never been to a RFC and we thought he’d enjoy it!

Our ADR was for 9am, but we arrived at AK early…probably around 8:30am or so. We walked right up to RFC and were seated right away. The place was empty. Maybe one or two other tables that early, and a few more filled up as we were eating.

I wanted something different, and so did DH, so we both ordered the Benedict Bamba, which was eggs benedict: Toasted English muffin halves, poached eggs, Canadian bacon, topped with Hollandaise sauce. Accompanied by breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit. It was really good and something I had never had before. The “fresh fruit” was only one or two strawberries and a slice of orange, but there was plenty of food. DH and I both enjoyed this a lot.

DS had the Breakfast Bandits, which was scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruit, and a poppyseed muffin. Again, the fruit was only a couple of strawberries and a slice of orange. DS enjoyed the eggs and muffin a lot. He’ll only nibble on bacon. He didn’t care for the potatoes. They weren’t hash browns, tater tots, French fries, or mashed, so he stayed away from them, declaring he didn’t like them. LOL!

Overall, we enjoyed this nice, quiet breakfast. It was something different than a breakfast buffet. And cheaper! It was nice, after breakfast, to get into the park without a wait since RFC has its own park entrance. I’d definitely do this again.

Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ
DDP

DH and I have eaten here before and have always enjoyed it. DH went find a nice, quiet spot to sit with DS to try to get him to nap while I waiting in line for the food. The outside seating area was packed even though we were eating a later lunch. It took FOREVER to get our food. The line to place the order wasn’t too bad, but then it took a long time to actually get the food. I’d say at least 30 minutes from the time I got in line until I got my food…maybe even longer.

DH had the ½ slab of ribs and I had the smoked ½ chicken, both with corn and beans. DH enjoyed his. I also enjoyed mine. The chicken was very good. It had a nice flavor and was not dry at all. The corn was good as well. I didn’t care for the beans. I found they didn’t have any flavor. DH enjoyed them. This was a LOT of food! For dessert, I just picked one of each…Key Lime Pie and Chocolate Cake. Neither one of us really wanted either of these. We were both full. I tasted both and decided they were okay, but not worth the calories. ;)

DS had a hot dog with grapes and applesauce. We managed to get him to eat the hot dog by alternating a bite of hot dog with a bite of chocolate cake. Ya gotta do what works sometimes, and this did! We did the same thing last year once to make him eat his chicken. LOL! He ate the entire hot dog this way. Sometimes we could sneak in an extra bite of hot dog before the cake. I dread the day this doesn’t work anymore!

Dinner: Restaurantasaurus
DDP

Well, we got stuck for dinner. We were in the last show for Finding Nemo at 4:15. The show is 40 minutes long and we waiting for the theater to clear out before leaving. So it was probably 5:15ish before we got out of there. Almost every CS closed at 6pm (park closed at 7). DS still wanted to check out Dinoland, so we didn’t want to walk too far. We just went to Restau8rantasauraus, AKA McDonalds. Neither one of us wanted this, but we were stuck. It was okay.

All three of us had the chicken mcnuggets with fries. For dessert, DH and DS picked the McDonald’s cookies (neither one ate them) and I had the strawberry shortcake. I LOVE strawberry shortcake and this wasn’t too bad. I was just happy to not have chocolate cake! I wasn’t very hungry after a big breakfast and lunch, so I ate a few nuggets, but all of the shortcake. Priorities, right?? DS enjoyed his kids’ meal toy…a dinosaur water gun. He had a lot of fun playing with this while DH and I took turns riding Everest! While this meal wasn’t bad, next time, if we decided to eat two CS meals at AK again, we’ll pay more attention to the timing of where we are. Same thing happened to us at MK once a few years ago…we were going to eat two CS meals in one day and got stuck for dinner because so many things had closed!

Day 6, January 5, 2007 ~ DTD and Epcot (World Showcase)

Breakfast: ASMu Food Court
Out of pocket

We slept in a bit again this morning before heading out to DTD for some shopping and to meet my best friend and her hubby who moved to Melbourne a couple of years ago (She teaches at the college there).

DH had the Adult Breakfast platter (eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit, potatoes). I had pancakes with bacon. DS had the kid’s breakfast platter with eggs, bacon, and applesauce. We all had a nice breakfast. Again, nothing fancy, but still hot and fresh, and a lot of food.

Lunch: Earl of Sandwich – DTD
Out of pocket

After doing some shopping, including a new t-shirt, shoes, and socks for a soaked-after-playing-in-the-fountain-because-my-parents-didn’t-think-about-my-shoes-before-I started-playing DS, we decided to grab lunch at the Earl of Sandwich.

We had eaten here last year and really enjoyed it. My friends had never tried it and I thought they would enjoy it. It was packed, of course, but I find the line moves very quickly here.

DH and I both had the Hawaiian sandwich, which is Hawaiian BBQ ham, grilled chicken, pineapple, and swiss cheese. This sandwich was VERY good! Oh, I wish I could have another one!! It was just the best sandwich I’ve had in a long time! DH had chips with his and I opted for a fruit cup.

DS had the kid’s grilled cheese and it looked like the best grilled cheese in the world! It came with at least two different cheeses on it and the bread is the normal bread they serve all the other sandwiches on. DS enjoyed it.

Again, the Earl of Sandwich did not disappoint! After refueling, I did a bit more shopping and then we headed out to Epcot to enjoy World Showcase!

Dinner: Marakesh (Morocco)
DDP

This was a new one for us. My DH has always liked the Moroccan pavilion the best for some reason, so he was really excited about this meal. We always try to eat at a new country each trip. Last trip he didn’t get to do that because I treated my mom to a girl’s night for the Candlelight Processional and she picked Mexico, somewhere we’ve already been. DH took DS to the ESPN place. We’ve been to Mexico, Canada, England, and Japan. I think Marakesh is currently my favorite! The restaurant itself if beautiful.

We were seated right at our ADR time. The place was full, but while waiting for our table we noticed several people walk up, without and ADR, and they were told they’d be seated shortly. I think our ADR was for 6:30pm. We were seated right near the dance floor. I think around 7pm, the music started and the belly dancer came out. DS just stared at her the entire time she danced. He was in awe, I think! He’s only 3.5…too young for that! He was disappointed when she left.

Our menu offered some kind of feast…not sure of the name and it’s not one of the ones currently listed on the All Ears website. I remembered reading conflicting reports about the feast and the DDP, so we tried to ask our server. He was very hard to understand, but I THINK he told us we could order the feast with the DDP, but if one of us ordered it, we both had to. At least, I hope that’s what he said because DH ordered the feast, I ordered for DS and then our server said “thanks” and walked away without asking me what I wanted! I’m glad, though, because I’m not sure I would have been that adventurous and ordered the feast on my own!

For an appetizer, the feast came with Haira Soup, which was very good but tasted just like vegetable soup to me. It came with one (each) beef brewat roll, which was VERY good. I wasn’t sure about the cinnamon and powered sugar on beef, but it was wonderful. It’s not like a cinnamon sugar…it’s real cinnamon (a lot) and then a little powdered sugar on top. Yum!

The entrée included Roast Leg of Lamb Meshoui, Lemon Chicken, and couscous with seven vegetables. I wasn’t sure about the lamb initially. I had tried lamb back in 1998 when I did a summer abroad in Paris, France, but I hadn’t had it since then. I tried it and I LOVED it! It was so tender…just falling off of the bone. It tasted a lot like roast to both of us. We both enjoyed it a lot. The Lemon Chicken was also very good…not at all dry. It had a great flavor. I also enjoyed the couscous. DH didn’t care for the texture of it.

For dessert, we received “assorted Moroccan pastries.” It was three different things. They all looked a little different, but they all tasted like Baklava to me. I think one may have had some chocolate mixed in it and another a different kind of nut, but it was all Baklava to me. It was good, don’t get me wrong, they just didn’t really taste different from each other.

DS had the kid’s chicken tenders with fries. I think for dessert he received ice cream. When he wasn’t watching the belly dancer, he managed to eat some of the chicken. ;)

Overall, we LOVED Marakesh and would definitely go back. Too bad we still have a bunch of other countries to try!

Day 7, January 6, 2007 ~ MK

Breakfast: ASMu food court
Out of pocket

*sigh* This was our last full day at WDW. I hate the last day. I’m always excited that we still have one full day left, but at the same time sad. How can a place make me filled with such happiness and then such sadness all at the same time! I even cried during Wishes!

We started off with just breakfast in the food court again. We slept in a bit…or should I say DS didn’t want to wake up and was a bit cranky in the morning so we didn’t get an early start!

We all had the breakfast platter. Again, it was good.

Lunch: Columbia Harbor House
DDP

DH and I were first introduced to this place back in 2003 when we did the KTTK tour. That was back in March 2003 and the place, especially upstairs, was practically empty. We’ve been back here for at least one meal each trip since!

This year, it was quit crowded ordering, but we were able to find a table upstairs without a problem.

DH had the tuna sandwich and enjoyed it, as always. I actually don’t care for the food at this place much because I don’t eat anything they offer other than chicken fingers or the fish! I really didn’t want anything fried, but I know DH always enjoys this meal. I had the combo chicken and fish. It was okay, just not what I wanted. For Dessert we both had the apple crisp, which was actually pretty good.

DS didn’t want Mac N Cheese, and I knew he wouldn’t eat the cold chicken. I know many people will say this is wrong, but I went ahead and ordered him an adult chicken tender meal. It was our last day, so I didn’t want to loose the meal credit by paying out of pocket. Plus, earlier in the week a CM had told me all of the CS credits were the same, so I did it. I know…shame on me. DS did enjoy his chicken tenders.

Dinner – CRT
DDP (2)

For the past few trips, we have ended our stay with dinner at CRT, spectro, and then wishes. We always at least eat lunch in the castle, but last year we did dinner because at the time, lunch was a character meal but they hadn’t messed with dinner yet. This was our first time with the new dinner.

I must say, I’m disappointed. We met Cinderella, took our picture, and were seated maybe 5-10 minutes after our ADR time. Seemed longer because DS threw a fit when we told him we had to leave the pooh playground to go eat…he was still screaming when we checked in at CRT. He finally calmed down. DS was given a sword when we were seated…whose idea was it to give kids swords and wands BEFORE eating?? Those poor CM’s!!

The food was good. They still have one of my favorite entrees at dinner, so I’m happy. For starters, DH had the salad and I had the corn and crab soup. I really enjoyed the soup!

They also gave us bread, but no cute Cinderella butter. They used to give butter that had Cinderella’s pumpkin coach “stamped” in it. The bread was very good, one tasted like a pretzel bread. DS enjoyed the bread! For entrées, DH had the prime rib and I had the pork tenderloin. We both enjoyed our meals very much. The pork tenderloin was very good as was the orzo cheese casserole! I think last year when I ordered this, it was not orzo, but it’s still good. For dessert, DH had the Blueberry Buckle, which is essentially a very good blueberry muffin. I had the chocolate mousse cake, which was very good!

I don’t even remember what DS had. I think some sort of pasta. He only ate one or two bites, so I didn’t pay much attention. It was that awful kids meal, though. You’d think, for the price, the kids meal would be different/better here!

The whole spiel with the Fairy Godmother was awful, IMO. She comes out, runs around, and then sings some songs. Yes, she comes to the table, but she doesn’t do pictures. What a tease for the kids! Suzie and Pearla do pose for pictures, though. I just didn’t like the whole Fairy Godmother thing… I thought it was a bit cheesy for lack of a better word. I wish they wouldn’t have messed with lunch and dinner at the castle. I’m not sure what we’ll do next time. I really don’t think it’s worth the price, even with the picture package. And, it seemed a bit rushed and I didn’t care for the fairy godmother “show” at all…neither did DH. But, it’s still the castle and where else can you find a decent meal in MK? (We don’t like Tony’s at all…tried it twice and there won’t be a third). I guess that’s why they can charge so much! I don’t know…I guess we’ll see!

Day 8, January 7, 2007 ~ Leave. Boo Hoo!

Nothing special here…Just breakfast at ASMu again…some ole breakfast platter again. I wanted to try something different but DH and DS were doing the platter so I just did that again.

Thanks so much for reading my reviews. I LOVE reading others’ reviews, so felt I should do my own as well. Next time I plan on doing pictures!

We had almost the same thing at the CR! I had the souffle for an appetizer like you and the tuna for dinner like your DH. :) I could go for some souffle right now!! Glad you had a great trip!

Really enjoyed your reviews! Thanks!

Do you happen to know what is in the tuna at CHH? DH loves tuna but will not eat it if it is sweet.

Thanks for the reviews, especially the one for CRT. I was thinking of odering the same exact things, the soup, prime rib, and cake, when I eat there. So the food was good? I could see why kids would be upset that the fairy godmother doesn't stop for pics, luckily for me, I can live with that, and BF will care less.

Great review, would love to try RFC for breakfast!

TruBlu: I asked DH and he didn't know. I asked him if it was sweet and he said it may have had some relish in it but that he didn't really know, but it was really good. :)

disneyfav4ever: I have always enjoyed the food at CRT. I've never been disappointed and we've eaten there several times for lunch and dinner. I will say that we probably won't go back soon. It's just not worth the price to do it every trip like we were doing it. It's nice to do every few years, but it's no longer going to be an "every trip" thing for us anymore due to the price. Also, we didn't care for the whole fairy godmother thing. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Booknut: Definitely try RFC for breakfast! It was very yummy and the place was empty! They do take ADRs, but they are NOT part of the DDP. It was a nice breakfast and a nice change from the hectic character buffets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter