Dining plan not worth it unless you get it for free (examining the costs)

DD(15) and I are heading down in September for our 10th trip in 10 years! This will be our first time without the dining plan. Till now, it has always been the way to go for us, even after DD became an "adult" on the plan - we did a lot of character meals and I am one who prefers the "all-inclusive" feel. On our first trip in 2006, appetizers and tips were included, and boy was that a good value! The last few trips we've mostly just done it because it's what we always do and we can have it paid ahead of time.

The main reason we are foregoing DDP this trip is because we are sick of missing out on all the snacks everywhere and cramming meals in where they don't belong. I've eaten around the world for Food and Wine and THEN sat down to Table Service. Ugh! We have yet to try the nutella waffles at Sleepy Hollow because there's never any room in our bellies. Special mac n' cheeses here and there, churros and margaritas from La Cava in Mexico, huge glamorous cupcakes at Starring Rolls, chewy caramel bars in Germany. I've tried a lot of these, but at the expense of stuffing myself silly! DD and I are going to graze our way around WDW this time, trying everything we've always been too stuffed to try before! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter