Dining plan, family of 6, two room reservation

mom2elle

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 6, staying at Pop (2 rooms) 12/31-1/7 and we have the DDP. It just hit me that our dining plan credits won't be in one common pool - they will be in two pools per each room reservation.
So how do we manage this the best way? Can we use both dining plans to pay at a meal? Do we need to tell the server that we are on separate dining plans?
What about BOG, where I had hoped to preorder? As I understand there we need to have one payment only with a preorder. Can I just use 6 qs credits from one plan?

Yes, you can use both dining plans to pay for a meal. Just let your server know which meals will be paid for with which plan.

Also, you are correct that you have to pay for pre-ordered meals at BoG with one payment on the DDP. You can use 6 credits from one plan to do it.

It depends on your reservations. Are both room reservations under one name? If so, the credits should all be linked together in one pool. If the rooms are under two different names, they will be separated by room.

Last year we were a family of 5, and we had 2 rooms. But the way our reservations were made were under the same name, but it broke up our family of 5 into the two rooms. All of our credits were in one pool. For our planned trip in January, because our oldest son (he's 24) is able to make it, and we are requesting a king bed for us, our 4 children are listed in one room, while DH and I are listed in the other. Since there are two adults listed in the other room, the 2nd room reservations are under my oldest son's name, and our credits will be split with all 4 kids grouped together in one room and DH & I together in the other room. It will make it a little different having to make sure one of them is there to check out - or just have one of their magic bands when we're getting food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter