Dining on the DDP - Great!

disneyfansx5

DIS Veteran
We had the DDP. It was awesome. We had more than enough food each day. We used our DDP Snack Credits to buy cookies and other candy to bring home with us on the last day because we had not used them.

Here's where we ate and what we thought:

TS
LeCellier: A+ :yay:
This was the best meal we had. Everyone loved it. This will be a must do every trip.

Boma: C
I did not love the food, but I did not hate it either. My DH did not like it at all. We will probably not return here because there are too many other places to eat that have better food.

Teppanyaki: A- :)
Good food. It was well prepared. I was disappointed that they did not offer fried rice. Other than that liked it. We would definitely return.

PSB Breakfast: A :thumbsup2
Great breakfast with great character interaction. Would not hesitate to eat here again.

Brown Derby: A- :)
I really liked the food here. My DH is a basic meat and potato guy so he thought it was somewhat on the "fru-fru" side. However, he did say the food was good. If going to Fantasmic would definitely come back.

Liberty Tree Tavern: A :thumbsup2
2nd favorite meal of the trip. I was not very excited about eating here because we eat this kind of food at every holiday and I was concerned that it would taste like something out of the freezer. Boy was I wrong. We all loved the food. The character interaction was wonderful. Will definitely eat here again!

'Ohana: C
OK. I did not like the seasoning on the meat. My DH thought it was OK. He liked it better than Boma, but we will not put this on our list of restaurants we want to return to.

CS
Pecos Bill's: B-
Average park food. Not bad, but not great.

Flame Tree BBQ: A :thumbsup2
Loved this counter service. Will definitely eat here again.

CHH: A+ :yay:
We liked CHH so well we ate here twice during our trip.

Pizza Planet: A- :)
Decent food. Would eat here again. Great value on the DDP.

Casey's: A :thumbsup2
Good lunch food. Would eat here again.

My biggest complaint about the CS meals is the lack of choices on the kid's menu. The choices are horrible. My children who are big chicken eaters ordered the chilled chicken twice. It was awful at both restaurants. I understand wanting to offer healthier choices, but what good is it if the children won't eat it. This is something that Disney definitely needs to revamp!

Overall - we enjoyed all of our eating experiences. Some were better than others.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

TS
This was the best meal we had. Everyone loved it. This will be a must do every trip.

I did not love the food, but I did not hate it either. My DH did not like it at all. We will probably not return here because there are too many other places to eat that have better food.

Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed LeCellier, we love it there!:woohoo:
We felt exactly the same about Boma :scared1: as you and your DH. We seem to be the minority on the board about Boma but we just don't get what all the rave is about over this place.

Mrs. Disney Ron

We had the DDP. It was awesome. We had more than enough food each day. We used our DDP Snack Credits to buy cookies and other candy to bring home with us on the last day because we had not used them.

TS

Teppanyaki: A- :)
Good food. It was well prepared. I was disappointed that they did not offer fried rice. Other than that liked it. We would definitely return.

PSB Breakfast: A :thumbsup2
Great breakfast with great character interaction. Would not hesitate to eat here again.

Brown Derby: A- :)
I really liked the food here. My DH is a basic meat and potato guy so he thought it was somewhat on the "fru-fru" side. However, he did say the food was good. If going to Fantasmic would definitely come back.

Liberty Tree Tavern: A :thumbsup2
2nd favorite meal of the trip. I was not very excited about eating here because we eat this kind of food at every holiday and I was concerned that it would taste like something out of the freezer. Boy was I wrong. We all loved the food. The character interaction was wonderful. Will definitely eat here again!

'Ohana: C
OK. I did not like the seasoning on the meat. My DH thought it was OK. He liked it better than Boma, but we will not put this on our list of restaurants we want to return to.

CS
Pecos Bill's: B-
Average park food. Not bad, but not great.

Flame Tree BBQ: A :thumbsup2
Loved this counter service. Will definitely eat here again.

CHH: A+ :yay:
We liked CHH so well we ate here twice during our trip.

Pizza Planet: A- :)
Decent food. Would eat here again. Great value on the DDP.

Casey's: A :thumbsup2
Good lunch food. Would eat here again.

My biggest complaint about the CS meals is the lack of choices on the kid's menu. The choices are horrible. My children who are big chicken eaters ordered the chilled chicken twice. It was awful at both restaurants. I understand wanting to offer healthier choices, but what good is it if the children won't eat it. This is something that Disney definitely needs to revamp!

Overall - we enjoyed all of our eating experiences. Some were better than others.

Did you do lunch or dinner at LeCellier, Boma? We're planning on doing dinner at LeCellier and b-fast at Boma.

Teppanyaki - I've heard it's really good, but it's going to be under refurbishment while we're there

PSB - we're doing that. glad you enjoyed that.

'Ohana - We're doing that for dinner.

Not to sound stupid, but what is CHH? I, too, am concerned about the children's menus. My kids aren't super picky, but they like what they like!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time and that you liked the DDP! It took me some convincing, but we're doing it in April/May!!!! Can't wait!:cool1: Thanks for the reviews, helps out a lot!!!

I'm not surprised that Teppanyaki didn't have fried rice. Fried rice is not typically a Japanese dish. It is, however, served at many Thai and Chinese restaurants but it's often an Americanized version.

Ah okay, I think that's where I was getting confused. That's the Norway breakfast in Epcot, right? I hope their breakfast food is more appealing than their dinner/lunch food. I'm not big on Norweigan food, although I know there are people out there who really like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter