Dining Experts and week of Labor Day

dbaker375

Mouseketeer
Hi, We are traveling the week of Labor Day. I was wondering if ADR's are absolutely necessary for this week. We are having a terrible time deciding which park for which day and therefore, which restaurant on which day, etc.

Any thoughts from walk-up experts?

It's during free dining. But there is still a lot of ADRs available right now. If you want a character meal or a popular place I'd make them. Also if you are on the dining plan.

I would go ahead and make them to be on the safe side. You can always cancel if you change your mind. Some will charge you a fee if you cancel, but most won't so you will need to check out the cancelations rules on the restaurtants. We went last year at this time and there were more people there then when we had went in the past during labor day week. I would make reservations especially if you want character meals. If you are having trouble figuring out what days to go where here is a web site that is free and helped me out alot www.easywdw.com maybe it can help you with the best days to go where:)
By the way we will be there this labor day week too:banana: or better yet here is Sept.s crowd calendar web address http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/september2011/

Yes, I liked this calendar! I compared it to the Touring Plans one that I've been updating daily this past week. They mostly agree with each other :thumbsup2

I think it's more a subject of not being able to decide where we want to eat. There's so many great choices and not enough days on the vacation calendar.

I don't know if you mean the week before or after Labor Day. We'll be there the week leading into Labor Day weekend - we're going home on Saturday, Sept 3. There are alot of places that have no availability that week. I'd get busy on ADRs if I were you. It's right around the 45-day mark for that timeframe (today is my 45-day mark, actually). So you may get some cancellations now.

Make them, especially if you are using the dining plan or you want character meals/popular places.

It's during free dining. But there is still a lot of ADRs available right now. If you want a character meal or a popular place I'd make them. Also if you are on the dining plan. There are alot of places that have no availability that week. I'd get busy on ADRs if I were you. It's right around the 45-day mark for that timeframe. So you may get some cancellations now.

I've been in late August and early/ mid-September and I can tell you this: during Free Dining, many restaurants will have signs posted saying they are not taking any walk-ups at all.

We did have good luck at Biergarten and Kona Cafe, making same-day reservations but not walking up.

Your choices get more limited every day. If you don't mind eating CS, then it's worth a try. If you must have a TS meal every day, then I strongly suggest making ADR's.

I think it's more a subject of not being able to decide where we want to eat. There's so many great choices and not enough days on the vacation calendar.

Well, if you don't have any ADR's, that will eliminate the problem of "too many great choices!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter