• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining at USH/CityWalk

MikeJ

Retrait is finally here...
Any suggestions on sit-down dining at Universal? We'll be there on Sunday and were thinking of having a late sit-down meal before we head back to the GC. We have two older teens (DS18 and DD16) and you can't always tell much about the restaurants from what's on the web sites. Thanks.

- Mike

Last time we were there we ate at Buca de Beppo but with teens I would suggest Hard Rock. Both are priced about the same and both have very good food. Our family from out of town loved Hard Rock.

Buca is home style Italian
Hard Rock is classic american, burgers and more.

The mexican place we ate at once and found it very mediocre.

Any suggestions on sit-down dining at Universal? We'll be there on Sunday and were thinking of having a late sit-down meal before we head back to the GC. We have two older teens (DS18 and DD16) and you can't always tell much about the restaurants from what's on the web sites. Thanks.

- Mike

Buca de Beppo's is good... not the best Italian food, but good. If you do decide to go there, be sure to go online at least the day before and make reservations. Don't wait until the day that you want to go to make online reservations.

Bubba Gumps is brand new at City Walk. It has been open less than a year and replaced another seafood restaurant there.

As a previous poster mentioned, there is a Hard Rock. If you have eaten at one, then you know the quality of the food.

Camacho's (the Mexican restaurant) is okay. It is tough to say that since I do know the owner, and I don't want to knock the quality of food there.

City Walk does have a pretty good food court on the second level that has the only place outside of Dodger Stadium to get a Dodger Dog. The food court also has a Jerry's Deli (an overpriced Deli that offers pretty good sandwiches that has sprung up all over the San Fernando Valley), and an Original Tommy's Burgers stand (perhaps the best burger in the Los Angeles area).

There is a pretty good Japanese restaurant that is right next to Bubba Gumps.

Hope this helps you out.

I would suggest Saddle Ranch Chop House.. Huge portions, Great price and excellent service.... We had way more then we could eat.. A great place to eat.

I would suggest Saddle Ranch Chop House.. Huge portions, Great price and excellent service.... We had way more then we could eat.. A great place to eat.
I second that!! Best place to eat at CityWalk by FAR!!! :thumbsup2

I second that!! Best place to eat at CityWalk by FAR!!! :thumbsup2

Just found this place last week!!! We will be back every time we visit which is often as we have annual passes. I wonder why we have never eaten here before. Ask for Lake.. he was our waiter and was great. The portions are huge and the price it right! You won't regret it...

Some good recommendations here (we too have annual passes).

I would also recommend Tony Roma's. They serve terrific ribs!

Woody

If you like club sandwiches, I would suggest ordering it at Saddle Ranch.. Huge portion...And oh so good....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter