"Dine and play"

lg3

<font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha
Our DCL rep mentioned this was an option now for late seating - apparently they serve your little ones first, then cast members come into the dining room to take them to their activities while the rest of your party relaxes at dinner. She said they have been doing this for a few months now. Has anyone done this option? How did it work out? I had no luck with the search feature.
thanks!!

Worked out great for us! If you are seated at 8:15, your kids order first and their food is delivered within 10 minutes or less. They have time for a "semi-rushed" dessert and then the Kid's Club coordinator comes to the hostess stand around 9:00. You walk them up to the stand, hand them over, they go willingly and you enjoy your dessert alone! This was one of the best parts of dinner. We could eat as a family and also have a little time alone.

:thumbsup2We got to use this feature for the first time a few weeks ago on The Wonder. It's awesome! Just be sure to tell your servers when you arrive that the kids want to "Dine and Play". It's a win-win for all.... kids don't have to sit around for a long dinner, parents don't have to listen to them whine! ;)

I'm going to follow those links- I hadn't paid attention to this before our last cruise because we had early dining for that cruise.. we usually have late dining though.
Anyway I'm curious- with dine and play do the kids have to eat only off the kids menu? I mean what if they order off the adult menu- do they still rush that along or is there no way to get them fed fast enough to leave if they order off the adult menu?

I don't think that they can rush the adult entrees. Whenever DD8 ordered off the adult menu last cruise her food arrived with the adults' orders, not with the kids' orders.

I don't think that they can rush the adult entrees. Whenever DD8 ordered off the adult menu last cruise her food arrived with the adults' orders, not with the kids' orders.
Okay- so dine and play only works for young kids who want to eat off the child menu... that would never have worked for us, even when our kids were much younger. LOL
thanks for the quick answer though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter