• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Difference Between Portofino Bay and Loews Royal Pacific

only time i 'do' laundry on vacation is:

a) when W/D is sitting in the room staring @ me, or

b) DH offers, starting to think he does it to get 'me time' ala the above poster:laughing:

otherwise, ala cooking, so sorry family im on vacation;) I'm fond of dry-wick type shirts that can easily be handwashed & dried in room.

whatever makes u happy:thumbsup2. Im sure PBH has laundry service, don't even want to consider the cost.

Buy more clothes (all those lovely outlet malls jsut calling your name!) :lmao:

I would be another that falls into the loving PBH over the others. I love being close to the action, and yet feeling so far away from the hustle and bustle. It's nice to leave the parks/City Walk area and have a short 10 minute walk (or for those who don't want to walk, boat ride) to what seems like total serenity and almost complete silence.

Myself and DF (fiance) have only had 1 issue at PBH and that was with a barking dog. However, the front desk was very cooperative and quick in trying to take care of it. We never asked for anything beyond having someone to check on the dog because we felt bad for it. You could tell it was petrified of being in a new place, and apparently the owners didn't care enough to break away from the park(s) long enough to care for it (and I say this because we were told several times that the owners had been contacted and should be there soon but they never showed up). After a short time, the front desk told us they were moving us and even gave us half off our bill. I told them that we would gladly move to another room, but they didn't need to deduct any costs. So they had someone come up and assist us with moving our luggage to the new room. Also, they went on ahead and gave us 1/2 off anyways upon checking out even tho I said it wasn't necessary.

The Club Room people were the best. Always asking if there was anything we wanted that they may have that wasn't out and greeting us with a smile (and even took the time to learn our names) each time we came through.

Don't get me wrong, RPR is a beautiful place and all, it was just a bit busy for us and the care we got from staff at PBH just reeled us in.

The only problem we had at PBH was a non-smoking room that was so strong with lingering cigarette smoke that they put an air purifier into our room for our entire stay. The hotel was totally booked out that stay, so we were unable to change to another room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter