Did Your Mother Have This?

My mom collects vintage and antique beauty items and she has a train case too that she got from my godfather and it belonged to my godmother and the train case my mom had was part of a set that included a hairdryer that also belonged to my godmother and surprisingly the hairdryer still works and my mom uses the train case to hold photos in it too. I never knew that they used to sell sets with a hairdryer and train case so I wonder if these are antiques too? My mom loves beauty care sets and even today she collects vintage beauty care items when she can

My Mom had a rectangular black fake alligator makeup case. There were rectangular flip-out compartments in the lid along with a mirror and it was lined with red satin with elastic lined pockets in the bottom area of the case. We still have it but it's in bad shape.

She did not. I found a small, vintage red one at the thrift store, which is great for keeping acrylic paints in. It doesn't have any frilly lining. I think it's a Samonsite.

Yes, my mom had a light blue matching luggage set with one of these. This was the only piece she had left. I let it go after she passed away. It was in rough shape and I never would have used it..

A small suitcase for cosmetics, lotions, etc. Complete with a mirror and frilly feminine fabric frame.

View attachment 683895

I think it was called a Train Case. My mother had one in dark gray for decades, part of a set of about 5 matching pieces of luggage.

I’m not sure what happened to it. I loved to play “pretend travel” with it when I was about 7 years old.
I received a set of blue luggage as a high school graduation gift and the make-up kit was definitely part of the set. My fancy add-on was a soft-sided tote bag, which my family referred to as my "magic bag" because I could put so many things in it. Anytime someone needed something, I could reach in and find it in the tote bag - kind of like Mary Poppins' bag! This was in 1974.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter