Did you open MK on 9/7?

Came here for a quick dose of my morning Dis before work.....ended up reading all these posts and the trip report. Truly magical. :wizard:

FOUR!!!!

Wow. Just wow!

Feel free to give her my email address, if that would make it easier to send. You are awesome!

I love the DIS!

Tink's Pixieduster is AMAZING. She and I "met" through the DIS board in 2007 and have remained friends. We met because she did something wonderful for me as well. Here is the thread if you care to read it http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1389548 . Long story short (as I can make it) I was looking for a shirt for my Mom who had been quite ill. She had bought this shirt while on a trip to WDW with me a few months before she got sick and it was ruined in a "laundry incident"- LOL while she was in the hospital, she just loved this shirt and I wanted to replace it. I posted a request on the board and after countless calls to Disney stores, outlet and Disney merchandise dept I had given up hope of getting a replacement. Well Tink's Pixieduster to the rescue. Time had past and when she was on a trip, she saw the shirt and remembered my post. Not knowing if I had ever gotten one, she bought the shirt and contacted me when she returned home. I was so excited. She not only mailed this shirt to me, she refused to accept any money for it. She said for me just to pass on the Disney magic to someone else. :wizard: We were able to meet in WDW the following year when we happened to both have a trip planned at the same time. What a wonderful friendship has come of this. Just thought I would share a little more magic with you.
:love: Love you Tink's Pixieduster :wizard:

Here is the picture of our meeting
TrudiDeb.jpg

Here is one of me and my Mom with the shirt.
MomandMedisneyshirt.jpg

I was feeling a little down and came to the Dis just to see whats new...I found this thread and made me cry like a baby...but thats good !!! because they are happy tears...Disney magic is amazing! People here are amazing..Im so so HAppy for the family involved you really made my saddness go away...
and this is really the best threads i have ever read in the Dis !!!! you can really see the Dis community essence in this one !:wizard::wizard:
:hippie:

Tink's Pixieduster is AMAZING. She and I "met" through the DIS board in 2007 and have remained friends. We met because she did something wonderful for me as well. Here is the thread if you care to read it http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1389548 . Long story short (as I can make it) I was looking for a shirt for my Mom who had been quite ill. She had bought this shirt while on a trip to WDW with me a few months before she got sick and it was ruined in a "laundry incident"- LOL while she was in the hospital, she just loved this shirt and I wanted to replace it. I posted a request on the board and after countless calls to Disney stores, outlet and Disney merchandise dept I had given up hope of getting a replacement. Well Tink's Pixieduster to the rescue. Time had past and when she was on a trip, she saw the shirt and remembered my post. Not knowing if I had ever gotten one, she bought the shirt and contacted me when she returned home. I was so excited. She not only mailed this shirt to me, she refused to accept any money for it. She said for me just to pass on the Disney magic to someone else. :wizard: We were able to meet in WDW the following year when we happened to both have a trip planned at the same time. What a wonderful friendship has come of this. Just thought I would share a little more magic with you.

Love you too, Trudi! Give your Mom a big ol' hug from me!

Aw, shucks. Right place, right time. And when I saw Trudi's story about trying to find the shirt for her mother it touched me because I had lost my own mother not long before.

I have seen and been inspired by so many kind-hearted and generous people who post on the DIS (overlooking the cranky-pants who also post) it's hard not to get in the spirit of things. I see so many posts from people who want to know what WDW can do for them, but who seem to to forget, or maybe don't know about, the things we can do for each other.

And livinlife25, you are anything BUT a threadkiller. You were on your honeymoon but still took the time when you got back to try to find the family in your photos. If you hadn't remembered the date and posted, none of this would have happened. Congratulations on your marriage, and I hope that the extra magic you created with your OP stays with you for years to come.

And livinlife25, you are anything BUT a threadkiller. You were on your honeymoon but still took the time when you got back to try to find the family in your photos. If you hadn't remembered the date and posted, none of this would have happened. Congratulations on your marriage, and I hope that the extra magic you created with your OP stays with you for years to come.

Thank you, I hope it inspires me people to try to spread the magic. It made me feel wonderful when Maroo responded with her kind words! Your pictures are amazing!

And to think in my dining report, I labeled myself a "threadkiller" :lmao:

Lol

Nope...you were the thread starter this time!! :)

Here is the picture of our meeting
TrudiDeb.jpg

Here is one of me and my Mom with the shirt.
MomandMedisneyshirt.jpg

What an incredible story!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

I just love how the DIS brings people together! :)

Thank you, I hope it inspires me people to try to spread the magic. It made me feel wonderful when Maroo responded with her kind words! Your pictures are amazing!

Spreading the magic is so much fun! :goodvibes

WOW What an incredible story!!! The people on these boards are so of the most amazing people that I have been in contact with. I thought the magic would end when we left the park. But thanks to so many of you sharing your stories with us the magic just continues.:thumbsup2

MORE GOOSEBUMPS!! :goodvibes

Maroo and Mattsmom so are we going to see some of these pictures?!!

Aw Sandy - u r killin me! Tomorrow??

well - only if you get a few reps in - or miles!! ;)
:cutie:

I cant help it - I'm just curious!! I love the magic!! :wizard:
(btw did I ever mention my Grandfather was an engineer on a railroad in Chicago? That man actually saved my life - and so yes, trains have a special place in my heart! LOVE love love the reports! Keep them coming - stretch them out - it matters not!! :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter