• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did this last podcast make anyone else NEED to do Alaska?

I've been to Alaska twice before - once on Holland America Line and once on Princess Cruises - and I would LOVE to return to Alaska. Doing the helicopter tours to the glaciers was amazing.

I have done it 3 times now...With Princess, Royal Caribbean and Disney. I can't tell you how much I love Alaska....there will be a 4th!! It is hard to imagine how amazing it is until you have been. And once you have been, you can't stop imagining going back.

I'm sure residents of Alaska get weather-related questions often from tourists. But I am curious:

When did you all go on your Alaskan cruises? How was the weather?

DBF is a DCL veteran, but he likes to go on cruises to enjoy the warm weather and swimming and such. Based on all your comments, an Alaskan cruise might be interesting someday.

When did you all go on your Alaskan cruises? How was the weather?
We were there last week (6/12-19) and the weather was unusually warm. 80+ degrees in Juno and Skagway. I understand that is not the norm. The locals were saying that it was in the 50's and raining two weeks before.

My grandparents are going on their second cruise to Alaska in 3 weeks! Watching the podcast made me wish I was going too instead dog/house sitting for them. They spent a lot of time up there before when we had family stationed for a while. Gosh I dunno when we could go but Pete had me dreaming!

We were there last week (6/12-19) and the weather was unusually warm. 80+ degrees in Juno and Skagway. I understand that is not the norm. The locals were saying that it was in the 50's and raining two weeks before.

Yes, it was quite warm. It was just like being in Miami, Florida... at least according to our bus driver in Juneau! ;)

I was excited about Alaska, but it will and truly exceeded my expectations. Juneau was nice and Skagway was just beautiful, untouched nature. I would love to see more of the inside passage.

I've been to Alaska twice before - once on Holland America Line and once on Princess Cruises - and I would LOVE to return to Alaska. Doing the helicopter tours to the glaciers was amazing.

I have done it 3 times now...With Princess, Royal Caribbean and Disney. I can't tell you how much I love Alaska....there will be a 4th!! It is hard to imagine how amazing it is until you have been. And once you have been, you can't stop imagining going back.
Yes, everyone needs to do this cruise at least once. And while our intrepid podcast hosts have reported on Alaskan cruises on DCL, NCL and now RCCL, I would really implore them, and anyone else, to look into an Alaskan cruise on Princess. They really have Alaska down to a science. As Pete pointed out, their RCCL cruise did not go through the inside passage, and that really is a must. And neither DCL nor RCCL have permits to go into Glacier Bay, and that is the highlight of any Alaskan cruise. While the Seattle roundtrips are certainly convenient, to really get the full effect, one should do a one-way, either Northbound or Southbound, from Vancouver to Whittier. Or better yet, book a back-to-back and make it a two week round trip.

You should definitely do this cruise. We were on the DIS cruise to Alaska and absolutely loved it. It was our first cruise and I could not imagine a better time. This cruise was reasonably priced and provided us many unforgettable moments.

DW and I want to do an Alaskan cruise so badly. Unfortunately, it seems as though the flights up there are as much as the cruise is. DW parents did an Alaskan cruise / train tour and LOVED it.

DW and I want to do an Alaskan cruise so badly. Unfortunately, it seems as though the flights up there are as much as the cruise is. DW parents did an Alaskan cruise / train tour and LOVED it.

We have been watching the flights into Vancouver and were shocked at the prices. We decided when Jetblue comes out with their schedule for next year, we will book a direct from Boston to Seattle then go on either Amtrak train or Amtrak bus to Vancouver. Quite a savings.
Thought about just doing one of the cruises out of Seattle to save money but really wanted to try a Disney cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter