DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really interesting to drive by the back area of DHS on my way to work and see the area where SWL will be. I'm just waiting for the day when I pass by and I see some structures or even the millennium falcon out there :)

I had a crazy thought while I couldn't sleep: if you take sunset boulevard out you pretty much have the amount of guest accessible spaces available on opening day, since the only parts construction isn't covering the very original parts of the backlot tour is Mickey Avenue and Muppet Vision

I believe Walt said (or something to the affect) that Disney Parks should always be evolving....not always under construction.

I believe Walt said (or something to the affect) that Disney Parks should always be evolving....not always under construction.

Are you really complaining that they are building two entirely new lands for DHS? I've seen a lot of complaints - but that's a new one.

Seriously though - Disney has 4 theme parks in Florida not to mention 20+ resorts and several entertainment districts...there should ALWAYS be construction somewhere. The problem is that WDW sat for a while without improvements - so now we are getting a whole bunch at once. That's a good thing.

Are you really complaining that they are building two entirely new lands for DHS? I've seen a lot of complaints - but that's a new one.

Seriously though - Disney has 4 theme parks in Florida not to mention 20+ resorts and several entertainment districts...there should ALWAYS be construction somewhere. The problem is that WDW sat for a while without improvements - so now we are getting a whole bunch at once. That's a good thing.
You saying that reminds me of a commercial I always thought perfectly described Disney World's situation. The first time the kid (world) tugs on the dad's (imagineering, higher ups, whoever you want to point the finger at) shirt saying he has to go, but in this case he needs support. Not now, the dad says, he's worried a lot about DCA and Hong Kong. Kid tugs shoulder again. Once again not now, but this time it's Shanghai, he doesn't want mess this up, or else it'll be like Euro or Hong Kong. Then the son goes in his pants, hence the Epcot and MGM redo.
Here is the commercial just incase you're curious:

How about instead of complaining pointing out poor planning.

Looks like good progress on toy story land.

Also looks like new pavement on the south side of the parking lot, comparing to google, it's an additional lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter