DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else wonder how it got up that high? For EVERYTHING in the company? Movies, new resorts, new subsidiaries, rides, lands...

Anybody else wonder how it got up that high? For EVERYTHING in the company? Movies, new resorts, new subsidiaries, rides, lands...
The budget for star wars? Well rock work and high tech rides aren't exactly cheap. This was going to be an over 500 million dollar project from the start. Imagineering does have a problem controlling budgets but even with that said its a good thing this has a high budget. Look at Shanghai that cost over 5 billion.

It's totally possible to do a Disney vacation without setting up a single FastPass or dining reservation...there's always counter service, but who know how many rides you'll be able to go on. :)

Spontaneity is gone for sure, for most things...

Well, the space seems greatly improved with PizzeRizzo. Ordering looks significantly roomier, and the seating area looks much better, too.

Well, the space seems greatly improved with PizzeRizzo. Ordering looks significantly roomier, and the seating area looks much better, too.
We stopped in thinking we would have lunch there but the pizza did not look like I expected for 9.99 or more. They looked like the machine made kids pizzas you get in the food courts. We ended up going over to backlot with the new Star Wars themed food. Very good for quick service.

Can't help but wonder if the the two cranes from Avatar that have recently come down, might make an appearance at DHS in the very near future.

Can't help but wonder if the the two cranes from Avatar that have recently come down, might make an appearance at DHS in the very near future.
Maybe for Star Wars but I don't think toy story land will need a tower crane that large. Star Wars will be a while before they need a crane like that though. They would use a crane like that for rock work which is still not even close yet.

Maybe for Star Wars but I don't think toy story land will need a tower crane that large. Star Wars will be a while before they need a crane like that though. They would use a crane like that for rock work which is still not even close yet.

I would agree with that. Toy Story land has a lot of open space in it so it will be easy to get a conventional crane which will mainly be needed for the coaster installation. Star Wars Land on the other hand may very well get a tower crane at some point. Either way there probably isn't any relationship between the cranes coming down at AK and going up at DHS.

I wonder with how close the star wars section is to the road, just how much facade must be created for viewing outside the park. Not to say it's wasted effort, but it will add additional work to the project.

I wonder with how close the star wars section is to the road, just how much facade must be created for viewing outside the park. Not to say it's wasted effort, but it will add additional work to the project.

Based on what we can see from the DL construction, the back of the show building will be very close to the road. Since that won't be an entry road anymore when everything is done, they may not need to do any theming on the back of the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!