Description Device for People Who are Totally Blind or Visually Impaired

Dora Speck

Princess Mousketeer
Not sure if any of you knew this, but there's a device a totally blind or visually impaired person takes at Disney that describes attractions or places as you move about the parks. I tried to rent one when at Disneyland Park, but didn't hear anything out of the ear piece I was given. Now I was too excited to care to get it tested before leaving City Hall. This is just a friendly reminder that if any visually impaired or totally blind people are going to try this device, please get it tested before leaving.
I myself have been blind since birth. I was born weighing in at one pound, six ounces. As a child, I was able to see lights, shadows and bright colours out of my right eye. But I lost what I was able to see due to a haemorrrhage and loss of oxygen in the optic nerve. I've been totally blind in both eyes for 7 years now.

Thank you for telling me about this device. I've have been fortunate for most of my life because I've been able to see out of both eyes until recreantly. Glaucoma took my left eye sight completely, I can now only see black, and my right eye vision is very bad because of the Glaucoma. Your advice on testing the device before leaving City Hall will be headed. Thank you again because I wasn't aware of such a device at the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!