Deluxe Dining Plan at Brown Derby, Spice Road Table, STK, and Boathouse

Daniellenbella

Mouseketeer
We were at Disney Jan 2-5 and had the Deluxe Dining Plan which gives you 3 TS meals and 2 Snacks per night per person. It was myself, DH, DD(12-who likes to eat good steak and seafood). Thought I would share how the DxDP worked at these restaurants. In the end we did end up saving by having purchased the DxDP over paying OOP and it was really nice to not have to worry about how much the meal was going to cost since it was already paid for. If we were paying all OOP, we would have picked between STK & Boathouse, not gone to both. And we would not have done the Fantasmic package at DHS, just had a Counter Service meal.

The first day we got there early afternoon and had the Fantasmic Brown Derby dinner at 4pm so we grabbed a Mickey ice cream to hold us over. The Brown Derby package was 2TS/pp. The food was OK, not great. The service was poor. But having the tickets for Fantasmic was great. They have sections saved for those with the tickets, we were able to get there at about 6:40 and still got to sit in the 3rd row. DxDP covered about $200. You got an appetizer, entree, drink, dessert-but they said we got to have the "special" dessert since it was the Fantasmic package, again, not great.

Day 2: We had breakfast at The Captains Grille at the Yachtclub. 1TS/pp. We all ordered the buffet. Food was OK for a buffet. I wish I had gone with one of the plates offered instead. Breakfast was $73.49 all covered by DxDP.
Lunch was paid OOP at Animal Kingdom Flame Tree Barbeque. Dinner was at STK for 2TS/pp. We each got an appetizer, Raw bar is not included (though we did order OOP). DH & DD got the Porterhouse for 2 ($98) and I got the Delmonico ($62)-there was no upcharge for the Porterhouse, it just uses 2 entrees, I don't remember if there was an upcharge for the Delmonico, if there was it was $11/$12. DH ordered an extra sauce for $2 (you get 1 sauce per person/steak), and we ordered a side OOP. We could barely fit dessert so we ordered 2 (Caramelito & Ice STK) and took the Bag O Donuts to go. DxDP covered about $250.

Day 3: We went to Epcot and planned to just snack around the world for breakfast/lunch since we hadn't used any snack credits yet. We looked for the best deals, but we got so full we only made it to 4 countries! Dinner was at Spice Road Table at 8:15. I believe we saw a sign that said Patio Seating was for reservations only. We sat right on the railing and had an amazing view of Illuminations. Our entrees were served right as it began. For appetizers you choose from anything from Mediterranean Small Plates. The brie & the hummus were amazing. We asked for extra crackers & pita and that was no problem. You can get any entree listed. I thought the entrees were OK, I would have been happy to just eat brie and hummus all night though. Dessert was good (better than the Brown Derby!). We ended being one of the last tables and leaving the restaurant around 10 (an hour after Epcot closed). I did not mind this at all b/c it was so pretty deserted and you could easily walk out and catch the bus back to the hotel. DxDP covered about $175.

Day 4: We planned to eat breakfast at Magic Kingdom Main Street Bakery, but it took so long to enter the park (1.5 hrs!) that we had to high tail it to our first fass pass. We had reservations at Boathouse for 4pm so we ended up getting Mickey ice creams to hold us over. Since we had lots of snack credits left, we went to the Confectionery and got some treats on our way out.

Lunch was at The Boathouse takes 2TS/pp. Your appetizer could be from the salads, the Launch , or raw bar, including the oysters! It was confusing about how you could mix & match the oyster types and that changes the amount of oysters you can get, but they have a special of 6 Blue Points for 1 appetizer. Since we had extra credits from skipping breakfast, they permitted us to order for a 4th person (and use 2 more TS credits of course) even though there were only 3 of use eating, so we got 4 appetizers permitting us to get 12 Blue Point oysters, the tuna poke, firecracker shrimp.

For our entree we were able to get the Filet Minion Oscar Style and the Baked Stuffed Lobster for no upcharge on either. We went with 2 of each. They both came with a small side so we didn't need to order any of the side dishes which are OOP.

For dessert, since we ordered meals for 4 people, we were then permitted to get the Smores Baked Alaska as our dessert. I don't know what the upcharge would be if you wanted it and didn't have 4 people using their credits. We were really full so we did not get it, we ordered 3 other desserts, and took the 4th dessert to go. It was our best dining experience of the trip. DxDP covered $370.62.

We still had 1 TS left and 1 Snack left so we went over to Goofy's Candy Co and did the Make Your Own rice krispy, marshmellow, & cookies. I told the cashier I wanted to trade in the TS for 3 snacks and that was not a problem at all, she just had to process it separately from the remaining snack credit.

We have been back 2 weeks and I just finished my last marshmellow treat last night!

Let me know if you have any questions :earsgirl:

Wow, what a trip! I'm glad you had fun and enjoyed so many great meals. We had the Filet Minion Oscar Style too at The Boathouse, but I thought the seafood taste overpowered the steak flavor. Next time I will just get a steak. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and attentive service of that place. We haven't tried Spice Road Table yet, but it sounds lovely. Next time we take a trip where the weather is cooler we will have to try it. Thanks for taking the time to write a report for us.

Day 2: We had breakfast at The Captains Grille at the Yachtclub. 1TS/pp. We all ordered the buffet. Food was OK for a buffet. I wish I had gone with one of the plates offered instead. Breakfast was $73.49 all covered by DxDP.

Just a tip from our experience. My DD wanted to order one of the plates, an omelet I think, and our waiter said she could order that and still get the buffet. We were on the DxDP as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter