Delta check in at Disney resort?

locodemickey

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the cheapest flight for Delta that has a restriction :
  • No seat assignment is available until after check-in
Can I get seating assignments when I check in for the flight at the hotel? Also, can this be done early in the morning for an evening flight? I would like to save money, but I would also like to sit by my family (I don't care if we have to sit in the back). I don't have little kids.
Thanks for any info. that you have

I had a friend who recently booked that cheapest Delta fare. They were not able to check in or check their bags at the resort due to the restrictions on this fare. They had to have their seat assignment to do that and didn't get that until they got to the airport. I can't vouch for the accuracy of that information but it is what she was told.

With that fare the odds are you will all be scattered in middle seats. That is why you can't get a seat assignment, they will put you where they have holes. If you want to sit with your family you need to upgrade to the next costliest fare.

I am looking at the cheapest flight for Delta that has a restriction :
  • No seat assignment is available until after check-in
Can I get seating assignments when I check in for the flight at the hotel? Also, can this be done early in the morning for an evening flight? I would like to save money, but I would also like to sit by my family (I don't care if we have to sit in the back). I don't have little kids.
Thanks for any info. that you have
I *HIGHLY* suggest not utilizing that fare if it's important that you sit with your family. Odds are all that will be left are middle seats. If you're ok with potentially (probably) sitting away from family and in middle seats, go for it. As far as checking in, you can check in for your Delta flights 24 hours ahead of time. You can do so through their app or online. I suggest doing that. Then you should be able to use RAC for your bags the day of your flight.

Without a seat assignment you will not be considered fully checked in so RAC will no be able to assist you. You will have to check in at the airport in order to get that seat assignment.

Without a seat assignment you will not be considered fully checked in so RAC will no be able to assist you. You will have to check in at the airport in order to get that seat assignment.
But can't you check in at T-24 (via app or web) and get your seat assignment then?

But can't you check in at T-24 (via app or web) and get your seat assignment then?

Not necessarily. From what I'm finding you *may* get your seat assignment at check in. Or you *may* get it at the gate. No way of knowing which ahead of time.

I realize I can't change them. It is not important for this ticket since it would have a $200 change fee and they only cost $143 each. Thanks for the info though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter