defensive driving on line?

bumcat

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done defensive driving on line? If so how was it, any problems? thanks

I haven't but I will as soon as our discount expires.

My understanding is that the time requirement is still there, you have to spend the 6 hours or whatever the course time is. I'm sure there is still a test but that has never been a problem :rolleyes:

I just did this 2 weeks ago. Its a pretty good deal. You will be required to spend 6 hours in front of the computer, but they do not have to be all at once. Throughout the course, you will be asked questions to see if you are paying attention (the questions frequently involve topics covered several screens ago) and questions to prove you are who you say you are.

The technique they use to check your identity is kind of scary actually. To take the course, you must provide them with your drivers licence number and licence plate number. Using that information, they go out and pull every public record on you they can find. They then ask you questions every so often based on the information they found (What is you mothers maiden name? What model of car did you drive most often last year?) to confirm that you are who you say you are. If you miss two of these, the course shuts down and you need to call them. Its was more than a little bit scary to see how much the could find about me with just a drivers licence number and licence plate number. Big brother teaching drivers ed.

Anyway, it was relatively painless and easy. Here is a link to the company I used. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

www.defensivedriving.com

I found doing it online much more painful than doing it in person. I have never gone to one that kept you the whole six hours. Most were 2-3 and the last two times I took it we were in and out in 15 minutes!

I've been trying to keep track of which zombie post wins the record. This one is nearly 15 years old - I feel like that's the new leader? Anyone know of an older one???

Hey what the heck- I didn't go and bring this back from the dead- it was like the first post on page 1 LOL---

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter