Deciding if doing 3/4/5 split stays or not?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
So I have a booking in March right now which I could just do in 2 resorts; BWV (BW View) 5 nights + POLY or BLT for the other 5 nights

Another option is that I could look to break up my trip in to 3/4/5 different resorts for the week. I am just worried that being without a room all day might end up making it so there really is no benefit of doing the split stay anyways.

Has anyone done a trip with 1 or 2 days in various hotels? I likely would keep a 3-4 night of the 10 nights at BWV regardless of what else I would do.

I have done a 3 way split. I don’t mind them. We sleep in, check out at 11, then book a lunch at DS....then head shopping and for an afternoon drink.

By the time we get to resort 2, its always close to 3 and if the room isn’t ready it doesn’t give us long to hang at the pool.

The other thing I will do when in a studio is book an extra night so we are not homeless.

We have done it and it's been fine for us. We enjoy changing resorts for a completely different feel to our vacation. We try to plan well for a day without a room. We have done a water park or just spent the day in one of the parks. We tend to rent cars, so we usually officially check out of the first resort (to minimize magic band issues at the next resort), check into the next resort and go to whichever park we have chosen. This way we often get the room ready text while in the park, and can leave whenever we want.

Our family typically enjoys split stays! Our kids are older, so everyone helps pack up and drop food/luggage at bell services to move to our next resort. We tip well on both ends and have never had issues. The only time it was not fun was when we moved the Saturday before the full marathon...last minute change in wanting to add Sunday night so that my husband could relax in the room after completing his first full marathon before we headed to the airport. Definitely worth it, but still not pleasant that particular situation!

Generally I dislike split stays, mostly because I don't like moving all the food and refrigerator items since we usually have 1 or 2br. But in January I have 10 studio nights so I'm really looking forward to my split stay. 4 night BWV, 2 nights RR tower studio, 4 nights Poly. This will mostly be a resort trip so the moves should be easy.

We love split stays and do them often - but we would not do them in 2-day increments like that. Obviously, your personal choice, but it seems like you'll have several gaps in there where you don't have a room available to you. So I think your concern is warranted - but I'm sure you could make it work! Good luck with your decision, and have a good time.

Too much moving for me, LOL. I have done split stays, but prefer to settle in, especially if the split involves a studio stay. We spend most of our park time at EPCOT, followed by DHS, AKV and then MK. If we are going to an after hours party at the MK, then we stay at BLT (or VGF if we can get it, but that's a long shot).

We almost always stay home in a 1 bedroom - at the BWV and for a split, I arrange for us to end the trip there.

I just came back from a 3/1/1/6
copper creek/akl/gf/poly
I did it to directly compare what Id like for my future trips since availability was open for everywhere.
It made our trip feel SO SHORT even though we ended with a 6 night stay at the poly.
The 1 nighters was enough for me to see if i liked the room but wasnt worth the hassle of moving(even though Disney moved our luggage for us) and having to rush to checkout at 11 am the next day.
I booked my next trip all at the poly from the result of this "research" trip to make it feel like a long trip
otherwie, I learned that 3 nights was a good amount of time to get a feel of a resort, 2 nights is BARE minimum but thats only if Ive never stayed there and wont know if Id like it, I wont do 1 nighters again unless I will be at the parks all day to which Id rather pay out of pocket a value resort and save my points.

We decided March next year would be 3/3/3, but Vero Beach, Riveria and HHI. :)

Unless you plan to sell your DVC points in the very near future, why are you rushing staying in all the different resorts? If that's the only way you can get your trip because of vacancy, okay. But to us, split stays are not worth the trouble of moving every few days. And we still have years worth of ownership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter