Debt Dumpers - 2014

gracie1

DIS Veteran
Okay everyone - here is the new thread for dumping debt in 2014! We only have what, about 8 days left for 2013? It's time to start budgeting for the new year! I hope everyone that has had those many unexpected expenses pop up in 2013 that derailed their debt dumping a little does not continue in 2014!

Let's all start dumping debt :thumbsup2

I am ready to join!! We waste soo much money each year and 2014 is the year to get on track and get us in the right direction!!

Well after my Over The Top Shopping Spree the last month I'm back in for 2014...I haven't carried credit card debt in 2 years but I guess I just wanted too many items this year. :confused3

Nose back to the grind, on a brighter side only 10 months left on my mortgage. I can't even start to imagine what being totally debt free is going to feel like.... :thumbsup2 But I'm going to love finding out.

Well after my Over The Top Shopping Spree the last month I'm back in for 2014...I haven't carried credit card debt in 2 years but I guess I just wanted too many items this year. :confused3

Nose back to the grind, on a brighter side only 10 months left on my mortgage. I can't even start to imagine what being totally debt free is going to feel like.... :thumbsup2 But I'm going to love finding out.

Wow, only 10 months left on the mortgage!!! I would have a calendar counting down! You need a countdown ticker! I did a little over the top shopping spree myself. Fortunately, nothing really fit so I had to return most of it so I didn't feel so bad :lmao:

I am ready to join!! We waste soo much money each year and 2014 is the year to get on track and get us in the right direction!!

:welcome: Have you read the 2013 thread? I highly suggest reading through some of it, maybe not every single post since there is a lot - especially if you need motivation!!

I'm here. I posted last week about our monster of a credit card balance which will be a major focus for 2014.

Hi all,
I read all of the 2013 thread and am excited to join this thread!!

Like I said in a previous post, we are closing on a house January 31st. Of course I want new furniture for the new house, but with the encouragement I got from reading this thread and the wisdom of Dave Ramsey, I decided to wait until we save the money before we get the new furniture.

We will be working on my husbands 1 credit card and car and then we will work on the new mortgage. The way we figured our budget, we should be totally debt free including mortgage in 4 years!!! Yay!! Good luck to everyone!!!

Wow, only 10 months left on the mortgage!!! I would have a calendar counting down! You need a countdown ticker! I did a little over the top shopping spree myself. Fortunately, nothing really fit so I had to return most of it so I didn't feel so bad :lmao:

Everything I bought for myself (No Clothes) worked great for me...I discovered E-Bay and found some additional pieces for my Christmas China I took my service from 8 to 10 and also added more to my crystal.

I really don't want to get too excited about the mortgage because as soon as I do something else will come up/happen, so I'm trying to be COOL. :cool1:

I'm in! I read but never posted in the 2013 thread. Our goal in 2014 is to not use any credit cards and finally start making a dent into this debt!!

I am going to join you guys. DH and I have way more debt then I would like to admit to. We have both decided enough is enough and would like to get a better handle on our money. We are both in agreement that once 2014 hits we are back on our budget with no excuses.

I hope that everyone is successful in eliminating their debt!

I'm in! We have just started using YNAB to track spending and budget our paycheck. I told DH around Thanksgiving that 2014 will be the year of 'no'. We finally saw the grand total of our cc debt and have to get rid of it. We will have one in college in a year and a half and must be in a different financial position by then.

I am sure I will be checking in regularly!

Welcome everybody!! I'm glad that the 2013 thread has kept many of us inspired as well as inspiring new fellow debtors! For those of you brand new - my advice I would like to give is to not give up - even when the unexpected occurs and derails you off your budget. I think all of us have had that happen many times but you just need to get back on track! It's almost like being on a diet - sometimes you fall off the wagon but you just have to get back on track!

I am in.

I am on "no clothes buy" for one year.

Going to get one huge Parent Plus loan paid off.

I have to make a 3rd. Make sure I have Disney trip paid off.

I look forward to relooking at this post and see how I did next year.

In 2013, we finally paid off a major chunk of our debt. Now we have a few smaller bills (medical/dental) to work on. Also we had to replace a car in 2013 and had to add a car payment. Really hoping that my husband's company recognizes all the contributions he made in 2013 and gives him the raise he deserves, but we should still be okay, even without that. But just barely. I hate not having a cushion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter