debating at dumping ParkHopper option..

We add them once in a while. On a shorter trip we don't bother because our plan is pretty tight. On a longer visit we like to have the option. We will hit the a park early, head back to the resort to relax and swim and then head back out in the evening for dinner. Very often our meal will be in a different park than the one we visited that morning.

We are having the same inner battle here too! I can relate! I think we are dropping the park hopper here too!

We also dropped the PH this year, as when we looked at it, we only used it maybe one day out of our trip. So we saved money this year, and we also dropped the Dinning Plan and stayed with the Quick Dinning plan that was offered. Tons of money saved.

We are in same boat, but we are buying our tickets thru AAA. Can we add park hopping to those once we get there?

Aurora in blue said:
We are in same boat, but we are buying our tickets thru AAA. Can we add park hopping to those once we get there?

Yes you can :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm pretty sure that if you decide you need to hop once you're there, you can always take your tickets to Guest Services and upgrade them for about $50 each. Same price as if you bought the PH option to start - so I would try the non-hop option and see how it goes - especially knowing that you can change your mind if it's not working for you.

Can you do this for just ONE of several days? We vetoed the PH option since we know that we can fill up our days at one park. For what we want to do, we just don't see where we'd use the PH more than one of our 6 days. However, our current plan doesn't allow us any time for AK and I think we have more than enough time in MK.

Thanks.

Can you do this for just ONE of several days? We vetoed the PH option since we know that we can fill up our days at one park. For what we want to do, we just don't see where we'd use the PH more than one of our 6 days. However, our current plan doesn't allow us any time for AK and I think we have more than enough time in MK.

Thanks.
Nope. PH (and WPF&M) is all or nothing per ticket.

Nope. PH (and WPF&M) is all or nothing per ticket.

That's what I assumed, since that's how you have to order them up front. But the whole "go to Guest Services" thing through me. Like what if on your very last day you decided to upgrade?

I still don't think we need it (we're still debating about switching one MK day for AK or even adding a day of tickets for check out day since we have a later flight). Thanks.

Sorry if I missed this but.....if you drop the park hopper can you enter one park leave and return to the same park that evening? The savings would be great but we enjoy taking a break in the afternoons to enjoy the pools, etc. :confused3

That's what I assumed, since that's how you have to order them up front. But the whole "go to Guest Services" thing through me. Like what if on your very last day you decided to upgrade?

I still don't think we need it (we're still debating about switching one MK day for AK or even adding a day of tickets for check out day since we have a later flight). Thanks.
Even on the last day, you're paying the full PH price. It's not a daily price thing. The only difference is for 1 day tickets, adding PH to 1 day tickets is a bit cheaper. But any tickets of 2 days or more (doesn't matter if before you're there, on your first day, or on your last day) have the same upgrade cost. I can be done, of course, but you won't save any money.

Sorry if I missed this but.....if you drop the park hopper can you enter one park leave and return to the same park that evening? The savings would be great but we enjoy taking a break in the afternoons to enjoy the pools, etc. :confused3
Yes, you can leave and return to the same park as many times as you wish, even without hoppers.

--
For me, I always get hoppers. Why? Because I can :p. I travel solo (well, half my trip is solo), so I'm always bouncing around. Typically I'll split the day around lunch or dinner and hop for specific locations. As such, it makes more sense for me to purchase the hoppers outright, as I know, for a fact, that I'll be hopping (and it helps me plan my food, since that's part of the reason I go in the first place!) I still stick to the, "If unsure, then wait" mentality though :)

You can return to the same park in the same day. We did it this week. We dropped park hopper this trip and I don't think I will ever add it. There were days that I wished I had it but overall I don't think it is necessary. When we were tired of the park for the day we went to other attractions. We spent an evening mini golf hopping. We have bought the park hopper on 7 trips. In those trips we park hopped maybe a total of 6 times. One time was considered a hop because we used Epcot as a pass through to boardwalk. If you have a vague plan in mind it really is not necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter