• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP & Person not staying the whole length of stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenJ

Mouseketeer
We will be staying using points at BCV in a few weeks. My DD and I will be there for the duration (5 nights) my DH will be joining us for only 2 nights.
We would like to add DDP for just my DD & myself. MY DH will not be going in the parks (he will be visiting his relatives in the area, just sleeping in the room with us). Are they going to force me to put him on the plan for the 5 nights even if he is not going to be there the whole time?
Also, we have a group of friends that will be there at the same time. They will also be using DDP. If we eat together, will we need to get separate checks to charge the meals on the different room?

Sorry, but the Dining Plan can only be reserved for your entire party, for the entire duration of your reservation.

bicker said:
Sorry, but the Dining Plan can only be reserved for your entire party, for the entire duration of your reservation.

How does Disney do this? You said on the other thread that they wouldnt give us all the credits if they werent actually with us the entire time. And I understand that. But if someone is physically unable to be w/us the entire time, then what? How can they be reserved with the rest of the party for the entire duration if they arent physically there?

Disney has not structured the Dining Plan for use by parties where all members of the party aren't available for presentation at check-in.

Right now my husbands name is not on the reservation. If he uses DD's room key (she will be with one of us at all times), he could share the room but not be "officially" named to the room.

Everyone staying in your room must be registered. Sorry. There's just no legitimate way to do what you're trying to do.

Just reconfirming what Bicker said about the DDP. We were at SSR in May and had considered the plan but 4 members of our party of 7 weren't going to arrive until the night after me, DH, and DS checked in. I asked if I could start them on the plan when they got there and was told no - we would have to pay for everyone who is registered to the room for the full stay regardless of when people arrived. As far as your DH staying in the room - no it is not legitimate but I don't think you'll get caught especially if it is only two nights. Keep in mind though that your DH wouldn't be able to take advantage of EMH without a room key.

I agree with Bicker :thumbsup2 My mom & I are going in Sept. for 7 days, and got the dining plan. Thought about having my husband come down to meet us for a couple of days,(only can get 4 days off) but was informed that all guests must be registered and on the exact same package.

Please use this link to see information regarding the use of the dining plan:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1189367

The new policy for this board is to close any thread asking for interpretation of the Dining Plan beyond what people have experienced or what is stated in the WDW literature. This thread falls into that category so I am closing it now. If you have further questions about your particular situation, please contact Disny Dining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter