DDE update...

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Got my cards in the mail today. Despite being told they'd expire at the end of February 2006, my cards have an expiration date of the end of March 2006. :cool1:
I know there was some speculation on that so there's the scoop.

ALSO, the back of the cards say must show valid Florida DL or ID. Course, I don't live in Florida. I bought these cause I have an AP. I called and was put on hold while they asked about this...
Came back and was told I was fine despite what the cards say. (I must admit I feel a tad nervous about that...)

So there ya go.

I got the cards five days after we got back. We used the email confirmation no problems, never once were we asked for them to keep it. (I had read on the boards someone had been asked to give them their copy to keep.)
I think maybe once we were asked to show our DL.

We broke even and then saved some so everything on our next two DVC trips should be savings. :cool1:

Thanks for the info Shan. I think I have decided to do this for our trip too. I think we will come out way ahead before the trip is over.

By the I guess they did send a second card for free? There will be 24 of us for part of the trip and I was considering getting a second one but saw in the Mickey Monitor that they send one for the spose also. Hope that is correct and we would be able to get the savings for up to 20 of us at Chef Mickey's.

Thanks for the info,
Lori

lenshanem said:
Got my cards in the mail today. Despite being told they'd expire at the end of February 2006, my cards have an expiration date of the end of March 2006. :cool1:
I know there was some speculation on that so there's the scoop.

ALSO, the back of the cards say must show valid Florida DL or ID. Course, I don't live in Florida. I bought these cause I have an AP. I called and was put on hold while they asked about this...
Came back and was told I was fine despite what the cards say. (I must admit I feel a tad nervous about that...)

So there ya go.

I got the cards five days after we got back. We used the email confirmation no problems, never once were we asked for them to keep it. (I had read on the boards someone had been asked to give them their copy to keep.)
I think maybe once we were asked to show our DL.

We broke even and then saved some so everything on our next two DVC trips should be savings. :cool1:

How long ago did you order the cards? I ordered mine Jan. 25th and haven't heard anything yet. ::MickeyMo

I'd also like to know when you order...Because if I wait long enough it sounds like I could get use out of them this March and be able to use them Next April 2006....that would be great...

I ordered it 1/5, got the email confirmation letter that we used this past trip that night or the next day (can't recall...).

I got two cards for the AP price of $50, one is in my name, the other in hubby's.

Luv4Disney said:
How long ago did you order the cards? I ordered mine Jan. 25th and haven't heard anything yet. ::MickeyMo

I'm waiting for my card, too. The email letter says that it expires Feb 26, but that's the day we leave for WDW. The CM promised me we would have the card by then. I ordered it Jan, 6.

Thanks Shan for the info on the Florida resident language on the card. Saved me a heart attack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter