• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDE Dining and the Mouse - Day 6: 11/2

MadToad

Mouseketeer
My apologies for the long delay between Day 5 and now. I didn't realize anyone was enjoying them so I stopped before I became too annoying. But, I saw that I had a couple people interested from my last thread so here I go...

Breakfast at the Kona Cafe: Another couple arrived late in the evening on 11/1, which brings us up to a total of 6 travelers/diners. We managed to get our lazy backsides up for a late morning breakfast at the Kona Cafe. Some people find it too heavy, too sweet, or too greasy, but I just love Tonga Toast. As I write this, I'm already thinking ahead to my 12/07 trip and my next plate of TT. As usual, the Kona was superb. Best breakfast in WDW says me, regardless of what you order. Highly regarded were the Eggs Benedict, French Toast, and Macadamian Pancakes. The coffee (french press) was also declared excellent by our extremely picky coffee drinkers. An exellent meal, causing us to waddle off to the MK for the afternoon. I didn't pay for breakfast, but my guess is that the DDE savings came in around $40.

Dinner at Raglin Road: We skipped lunch after our mega-breakfast and found our way over to Pleasure Island to try the newcomer, Raglan Road. To be honest, we didn't have the highest expectations, but were pleasantly surprised. We started out by sharing appetizers Dalky Duo, Goats Town, Pint of Prawns, and Heaven on Earth. All were very good, but the Dalky Duo was declared the winner (not unanimously).

Many of us tried both of the beer tastings, and enjoyed most every drop. I preferred the darker group, but I forget what was included. Oh well, try both yourself - you can't go wrong. Beyond the samples, a lot of beer was consumed througout the evening.

For the main course I had the Stew, which was surprisingly light and very tasty. DW had the Shepherds Pie and loved it (she got me the cookbook for Christmas with the hopes I'll recreate it for her). I tried it and agreed, it was better than my stew. Others enjoyed the Kudos, Planxty, and Mussles - all of which was declared to be very good to excellent. But the true star here is the dessert. Forget what you know about dessert, and just try the bread pudding. With God as my witness, I will eat this bread pudding on every visit to WDW. Other desserts were ordered, but all paled to the Bread Pudding King. I passed it around a few times (it's a sizeable portion) and nearly didn't get it back. As alcohol is included on the DDE, I can only imagine what the savings was. Another friend picked up this tab, but I'm certain the DDE paid for itself on this visit alone ($60+).

The Kona Cafe rated a solid A and Raglan Road an A-.

Next is dinner at the Flying Fish...

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I'm hearing so many great reviews on Kona, might have to add that to our list of places to try!

Thanks for the reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter