DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I don't care what the camera shows, it wasn't me.:stir::rolleyes1

Sure it wasn't...
wink, wink, nudge, nudge

A bit of a mini trip report on the last vacation trip. We left NW NJ on the saturday after thanksgiving at 0115 hours. Got four blocks and had to swing around and go back because wife forgot to take the cash i left out for her. It was 22 degrees F. On Rt81 south of Chambersburg PA, we hit a snow squall with the son driving. It lasted until half way through MD. The low temp of the trip was 15 degrees F on RT33 in Pa. Everything else was smooth until we were about 40 miles north of Savannah GA on RT95 southbound. Hit a travelling wave of delays, ie, drive fast for a mile than slow to a crawl then drive fast, then crawl. Turns out there was a major accident 95 north just south of the SC/GA line and we hit the rubber necking. Rat Barstuds. Total trip was 19 hours and when we got to the hotel on Rt535 it was 75 degrees with a warm breeze blowing. YESSSSS!

We stayed at Saratoga Springs for the week and had a nice two bedroom Suite in the Grandstand section. Weather was basically good with highs in the upper seventies and lows in the lower sixties. Had a spot of rain most days but nothing major. MK was a bit busy on monday but by friday the crowds were mostly small and AK on friday was very quiet. The wife and I got soaked on both SPlash Mountain and Kali River so i guess it was a water holiday. Rode Dwarf mine train twice and it was OK. Considering the space available they did a pretty good job and the swaying cars were pretty cool on the banked turns, expecially if you lean hard into the turns. But i wouldn't want to wait an hour or more for such a short ride.

We thought the Jingle Cruise was a hoot. Still lots of bad jokes but they were new bad jokes and so bad they were funny. The captains delivery reminded me of the teacher for Scream Can Design from Monsters University. Osborne lights was great as usual and it was interesting to see that the Back Lot tour was closed and the gift shop turned into Wandering Oakens'. I guess the the remodeling of that area is a go.

The son, wife and I did the thrill ride simulator in Innoventions at Epcot and really liked it. A good use for industrial robots. A definite addition to the must do rides. Meals were great at the resturants with the kid diving deep into dad's wallet with steaks at every place. Cows must hate this kid. We did half a day at MK on saturday before going home and they taped the NCA cheerleaders peformance on mainstreet while we were there. Those red green and white uniforms were everywhere that day.

The trip home was uneventful. Althought the trucks on 81 were their usual PITA with the low speed passing in the left lane. Made the trip in 17.5 hours and went from 64 degrees F at 0400 hours to 28 degrees F at home. It proved the move to warmer climes for retirement is a must. Next trip is booked for second week of May.

Glad you reposted this over here. I got lost in the frenzy of the old thread.
Traveling is usually a challenge but it sounds like a good overall trip to Da' World. Glad y'all got to go back.

A bit of a mini trip report on the last vacation trip. We left NW NJ on the saturday after thanksgiving at 0115 hours. Got four blocks and had to swing around and go back because wife forgot to take the cash i left out for her. It was 22 degrees F. On Rt81 south of Chambersburg PA, we hit a snow squall with the son driving. It lasted until half way through MD. The low temp of the trip was 15 degrees F on RT33 in Pa. Everything else was smooth until we were about 40 miles north of Savannah GA on RT95 southbound. Hit a travelling wave of delays, ie, drive fast for a mile than slow to a crawl then drive fast, then crawl. Turns out there was a major accident 95 north just south of the SC/GA line and we hit the rubber necking. Rat Barstuds. Total trip was 19 hours and when we got to the hotel on Rt535 it was 75 degrees with a warm breeze blowing. YESSSSS!

We stayed at Saratoga Springs for the week and had a nice two bedroom Suite in the Grandstand section. Weather was basically good with highs in the upper seventies and lows in the lower sixties. Had a spot of rain most days but nothing major. MK was a bit busy on monday but by friday the crowds were mostly small and AK on friday was very quiet. The wife and I got soaked on both SPlash Mountain and Kali River so i guess it was a water holiday. Rode Dwarf mine train twice and it was OK. Considering the space available they did a pretty good job and the swaying cars were pretty cool on the banked turns, expecially if you lean hard into the turns. But i wouldn't want to wait an hour or more for such a short ride.

We thought the Jingle Cruise was a hoot. Still lots of bad jokes but they were new bad jokes and so bad they were funny. The captains delivery reminded me of the teacher for Scream Can Design from Monsters University. Osborne lights was great as usual and it was interesting to see that the Back Lot tour was closed and the gift shop turned into Wandering Oakens'. I guess the the remodeling of that area is a go.

The son, wife and I did the thrill ride simulator in Innoventions at Epcot and really liked it. A good use for industrial robots. A definite addition to the must do rides. Meals were great at the resturants with the kid diving deep into dad's wallet with steaks at every place. Cows must hate this kid. We did half a day at MK on saturday before going home and they taped the NCA cheerleaders peformance on mainstreet while we were there. Those red green and white uniforms were everywhere that day.

The trip home was uneventful. Althought the trucks on 81 were their usual PITA with the low speed passing in the left lane. Made the trip in 17.5 hours and went from 64 degrees F at 0400 hours to 28 degrees F at home. It proved the move to warmer climes for retirement is a must. Next trip is booked for second week of May.

Hey! Some other guy posted your trip report on the old thread.:confused3 I'd find him and kick his a$$.:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

It smells like CJ in here.:sad2:

There I fixed it for you.:rolleyes1

It smells like $#*^ in here.

smells-like-victory.jpg

New thread page 4 ownage.

Norm, just head over to The Chive. Today is hump day. Monday was top heavy, if that's your sort of thing its worth scrolling back.

Is Chive FB?

Watched the game with DS. It was actually a pretty close game for a while. A lot of good play. Still no one likely to beat Kentucky though.

UK plays UL over the holidays. Should be a good game.

Sure it wasn't...
wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

You get a reprieve from bad idea of the day.

It smells like $#*^ in here.

You did step on the duck.

Wow 43 post on the new thread already

We go fast at the beginning and the end.

Holy Crap - page 4 already!

Thanks for setting the new place up Randall.....although it doesn't have that new thread smell....it's been tainted with toxic odors. :sick:

Guess better late than never - the job is just a killer right now including heading out of town tomorrow

While we were on vacation I saw that my alma mater, NJIT, beat Michigan at Michigan. I guess the rumors I heard about bioengineering experiments were true. I just didn't realize they were about the basketball team.;)

While we were on vacation I saw that my alma mater, NJIT, beat Michigan at Michigan. I guess the rumors I heard about bioengineering experiments were true. I just didn't realize they were about the basketball team.;)

That was a great win :thumbsup2

Morning guys. Finally got to see Guardians of the Galaxy and we loved it!!! I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5. Turd Blossom will be used by me on a regular basis ;)

Good morning! Checking in on the new thread even though I probably won't be around for the next week or so.

Nice place, but it could use some bacon air freshener.

That was a great win :thumbsup2

Morning guys. Finally got to see Guardians of the Galaxy and we loved it!!! I would give it 4.5 stars out of 5. Turd Blossom will be used by me on a regular basis ;)

Loved Guardians as well... saw it in the theater. Maybe it's worth picking up or the holidays... :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter