DCL ground transportation

wdwscout

DIS Veteran
I know this is probably somewhere on the boards- but I can't find it here or on any website quick enough for my ADD!! ;)

We're trying to decide where to stay for the 2 nights prior to PCC2.0... but we prefer to use DCL transfers which may limit our choices.

From which WDW resorts do the DCL buses pick up on cruise morning?
Are there ANY off site hotels where they pick up? Hoping Gaylord Palms might be one?

The only other Disney cruise we did, we stayed the night before at the MCO Hyatt and they did have the buses to take us right to the ship.

We are hoping to stay either at Gaylord or at a WDW resort- can we still use the DCL bus to get to the Port? I know we could rent a car or arrange for a town car, but DH likes the convenience of the Disney bus.

We are still 336 days (according to your ticker) from the cruise.
Do these decisions need to be made already?!

Last PCC the Dreams Unlimeted Travel Agency (the podcast team) got good rates for Swan/Dolphin and arranged for group busses to take the cruisers from WDW to the Port. Might that happen again?

DCL transfers will pick up at most WDW resorts. If you are booked through DCL in advance for the transfers you can indicate which resort to be picked up from. If for some reason they won't pick up there, they will let you know which resorts they can pick you up from. There are no non-WDW resorts that they pick up from.

It is much too soon for any plans from Dreams Unlimited Travel.

Last PCC the Dreams Unlimeted Travel Agency (the podcast team) got good rates for Swan/Dolphin and arranged for group busses to take the cruisers from WDW to the Port. Might that happen again?
I am one who needs to plan this early so that I can make sure that I will be able to set aside the money that I need to...so I don't blame the OP for planning now. :)

OP...while it is too soon to know if DU will offer any transportation for us again this time or not, I know you're antsy to make plans. I know that you said that you prefer to use DCL's transportation, have you considered renting a town car to get you from the hotel to the port? That might be another option for you...Not sure how many people you're planning for, but maybe the cost might be worth it? Just a thought...:thumbsup2

I know this is probably somewhere on the boards- but I can't find it here or on any website quick enough for my ADD!! ;)

We're trying to decide where to stay for the 2 nights prior to PCC2.0... but we prefer to use DCL transfers which may limit our choices.

From which WDW resorts do the DCL buses pick up on cruise morning?
Are there ANY off site hotels where they pick up? Hoping Gaylord Palms might be one?

The only other Disney cruise we did, we stayed the night before at the MCO Hyatt and they did have the buses to take us right to the ship.

We are hoping to stay either at Gaylord or at a WDW resort- can we still use the DCL bus to get to the Port? I know we could rent a car or arrange for a town car, but DH likes the convenience of the Disney bus.

I'm planning early also, we are flying in Thurs nite and staying at the MCO Hyatt, then taking ME the next morning to the Poly for 2 days. I've been told that DCL will pick up from most of the onsite Hotels. Tracey will keep us all straight as the time gets closer.

Actually yes- I do need to plan now.
We are DVC members- our window for reservations is open now. If I have to use points for the pre-cruise nights, I need to book them this week.

If I know I can get DCL transportation from other places- either WDW resorts or off site- I won't have to book DVC now.
have you considered renting a town car to get you from the hotel to the port? That might be another option for you...Not sure how many people you're planning for, but maybe the cost might be worth it? Just a thought..
That would be fine with me- but DH likes the bus! Good idea though!

Thanks everyone- it looks like we will stay on site- but it doesn't need to be DVC. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

DCL transfers will pick up at most WDW resorts. If you are booked through DCL in advance for the transfers you can indicate which resort to be picked up from. If for some reason they won't pick up there, they will let you know which resorts they can pick you up from.

Tracy- I'm booked through Dreams. I indicated wanting transfers on my ressie- so will that work?

Tracy- I'm booked through Dreams. I indicated wanting transfers on my ressie- so will that work?

Once you know which resort you are staying at we will need to change your transfers. They will go up $1 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter