Day Trip - Typhoon Lagoon

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
toYesterday morning DH surprised me for Mother's Day with " lets go to Typhoon Lagoon". :love2:

We are AP holders, so up and out, stopped at Mickey D's for breakfast in the car. We arrived at 10:10, the parking lot wasn't all that full so we parked about row 4 at the end in the shade. There was not a cast member in site doing the normal parking routine, people just parked where they wanted to.

Grabbed our soft sided cooler, and beach bag. No lines at the turnstile pressed our MB and we were in.

We always get a locker for phones, wallets, watches. Cost 10.00 for small locker, 15 for large. We went small as it was only the 2 of us. We liked the new process with the ATM style screens, simple, to the point, insert money, it will take credit cards as well. Create a 4 digit combo, enter again to be sure, it gives you your locker number. With the size small is small - my small cross body purse, DH's wallet, phone and 2 shirts that we did not want wet or sandy to wear home, and it was full. So if you have more than that go with the large.

You can rent towels for 2.00 each if you need to. Joffery's coffee was quite busy, and smelled great. But I am trying to stick to the 1 cup a day rule...:P okay... okay trying. But I held strong ...:D Also there are restrooms right next to the lockers with showers.

We headed to find a spot by this time it was 10:30 ish. All of the shaded loungers were all ready taken. We did find to chairs in the shade we claimed them, set up... put our towels on the chairs, cooler and bag in between, cover up in the bag.. and we hit the wave pool. Wow the water was great, I thought it might be really cool, but it was the perfect temp. The giant wave seems to be about every 2 to 3 minutes.. It seem that they were bigger and with a lot more force then before. At first I thought it was just me, but DH mentioned it after the first 2 waves. The waves were running about every 3 to 4 minutes. So after a few rounds we headed for the slides, the wait time was 5 minute's basically enough time to carry your tube to the top, we really did not wait on any slide. I will say that the body slides seemed roughed like I could feel every seam going down, not sure if they had enough water in them. We only did 1 of the body slides, DH thought the same thing and we had to take off our water shoes, I don't remember having to ever do this before. So not sure what changed. But one of the body slides was enough, once through all the slides, we went back and grabbed a snack and drink from our cooler.

We then decided on Castaway Creek for a while. It was very crowded, there were lots of kids in the "creek" without tubes, swimming under people, and going against the flow. I am not sure what this was all about but one of the lifeguards made them get out.

After a few times around, we decided it was lunch time. So we head to the locker to get some cash, check our phones. I will say the locker area by this time was super crowded..

We decided on Typhoon Tilly's we both had Shrimp basket with fries, DH went with a Amber Ale and I went for the sangria, and a bottle of water. The shrimp was really good, hot and not over cooked. The tartar sauce had a bit a kick not to much. There was plenty of seating at the picnic tables. There are squirrels and birds around. So I will mention not to let your kids throw things at or chase the animals. It not fair to the animals and its not safe for the child or other guests with all the wet surfaces all over.

Then we headed back to the locker to put away DH's wallet, phone check, bathroom break. The restroom up front has changing rooms and shower stalls, so please use them to change and such and not change in the bathroom stall, there are people needing to use them.

Back to our spot, reapply sunscreen and chill out and people watch for a while, wave pool, hit the creek for a few times around. I did check the times on the slides and they were up to about 10mins. We decided against the snorkeling as the water is just to cold..This was the longest line we saw

We decided to head home around 2:00 ish. We popped into Singapore Sal, if you need something for the water park they will have it, goggles, beach towels, swim wear, beach bag, hats, and sunscreen.

Great Day.. Nice way to spend Mothers Day.pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter