• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

day 2-San Angel Inn & 50's Prime Time cafe

mark smith

Mouseketeer
Tuesdat 4/10-Epcot and the Mexico pavilion. Tried San Angel Inn again after a 4 year lay off. We have always loved the ambiance, but found the food average at best prior.

Startes w/ a couple Margaritas(on the rocks w/ salt) . Lunch was a combination special for DW, quesadilla for DD and the Plato Mexicano(Stewed meat w/ some sides). Certainly not authentic or what you might expierence on a trip to the Southwest, but not terrible. On par with some of our local Mexican restaurants. So in short not worth a dining repeat visit, but sitting in front of the volcano on a hot day drinking a mararita is sure fun.

As an aside, we did not like the animated overlay on the boat ride. I guess we just always thought the 1970's tourism footage was neat.

On to dinner at MGM-50's Prime Time Cafe-a new one for us, with some trepidation after reading many negative reviews. Lets start by saying loved the theming and the pre-prandial cocktails at the tune-in lounge.

We ordered all the homestyle favorites-chicken noodle soup, ceasar salad, shrimp cocktail,Pot roast, meatloaf, fried chicken. All meals were good(ie . better than Cracker Barrell, but not better than my moms). DD loved when I was yelled at to remove my hat and others for "elbows". Alas, no room for dessert, which actually looked large and good parading by.

Definetly worth atleast a one time try, so one can decide for one-self. Similar reaction for us, that we had with Sci-fi Drive in. Lots of fun, but wont be on next trips agenda(maybe the Tune-in as a quick stop by).

Next installment-our favorite WDW restaurant Narcoosee.

good reviews - we especially like the 50s and always get the pot roast and chicken noodle soup

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter