Dallas Cowboys

Jones WANTS the credit so bad for putting together a Super Bowl team. Based on interviews, he wants to be known as a "Football Guy". He's lucked into his situation now, after years of people saying that they have to look for the heir apparent to Romo and now he has it.

Garrett is a puppet. Prior to this year he was 2 games over 0.500 since he took over for the team in 2010. But regardless of his performance, Jones wants a YES man and not a Jimmy Johnson.

That was the deal with Al Davis. While certainly he was a football guy, his best successes always came when he let the people working for him do their thing. He wanted speedy receivers, a big arm quarterback, a powerful rushing game, and long passes. The irony was that his biggest success came when he stood back and let John Madden, Tom Flores, or Jon Gruden operate a possession-control passing game with a mobile quarterback and slower, but sure-handed receivers. Being in love with world class speed at the expense of football skills cost Al Davis.

Getting the credit seems to be a big thing in the NFL. That's basically what got Trent Balke eventually fired, as he resented Jim Harbaugh getting the credit.

Personally, I'd love it if Tony Romo was my team's backup QB. I mean, how many teams these days has a front-line backup?

If Elway can snag Tony Romo, I can see them returning to one of the dominant teams in the AFC.

Jason Garrett has been coaching since 2010. He's only made the playoffs twice despite having one of the game's best QB's. He has a playoff record of 1-2. How is he that great of a coach? While Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, you can't just tip your cap to him and say "aww shucks." Status quo is not working here.

Sure it is.. 13-3 says its working.. if they fail to win a playoff game in another 5 or so years, we can revisit for for now, this is a dumb discussion! Garrett aint going anywhere, nor should he.

Sure it is.. 13-3 says its working.. if they fail to win a playoff game in another 5 or so years, we can revisit for for now, this is a dumb discussion! Garrett aint going anywhere, nor should he.

Regular season record is meaningless. Nobody hangs a banner for being 13-3. They were also 12-4 a couple seasons ago and they got eliminated in the same place they did this season.

I'm a Cowboys fan in Wisconsin. I'm miserable today.

Garrett has never impressed me. He's great at clapping (claps at every play--good and bad--annoys the heck out of me) and that's about all I can say that's good about him.

I thought the game was poorly managed last night. The use of timeouts in the first half was awful. The decision to go right to 2nd down on the last drive and settle for a FG without going at least once for a TD was a mistake, imo.

The person who really needs to go is Jerry Jones, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Listen, Garrett seems like a really nice man. I love his temperament on and off the field. But this is a results business and he's not getting it done.

"What" what?
Dallas was the #1 seed in the NFC, therefore had home field advantage throughout

Dallas already beat GB this season in Lambeau (before GB went on their hot streak)

Football stinks now because my team is out

Got it?

I thought the game was poorly managed last night. The use of timeouts in the first half was awful. The decision to go right to 2nd down on the last drive and settle for a FG without going at least once for a TD was a mistake, imo.

At that point, timeouts and time on the clock are more precious than downs. They went for it on 3rd down, but the pass was batted. They didn't settle for a field goal going into their last set of downs. Everything they did was set up to try to get a TD, but they had to settle for a field goal on 4th down.

At that point, timeouts and time on the clock are more precious than downs. They went for it on 3rd down, but the pass was batted. They didn't settle for a field goal going into their last set of downs. Everything they did was set up to try to get a TD, but they had to settle for a field goal on 4th down.

The decision to spike the ball on 1st down with 40 seconds left in the game was awful! They had the momentum, GB defense was out of sorts, Dallas could have steamrolled them and killed the time. I'm not sure if that was Dak's decision or Garrett's, but it was awful.

If you look at all the Head Coaches who have been hired previously before Jason Garrett, you have Belichick, Lewis, McCarthy, Payton, Tomlin and John Harbaugh. What do 5 out of those 6 other Head Coaches have in common? Lewis should have been out years ago. Garrett having a 13-3 year this year saved his barely 0.500 record. I can't think of many HCs that want to be micro managed by Jerry Jones.

"What" what?
Dallas was the #1 seed in the NFC, therefore had home field advantage throughout

Dallas already beat GB this season in Lambeau (before GB went on their hot streak)

Football stinks now because my team is out

Got it?

Well it was far from a terrible game and the GB team from last night was quite a bit different than the team the Cowboys faced in October. Home field advantage does not guarantee a win and a game decided on a field as the clock run out is nothing to hang your head over.

Regular season record is meaningless. Nobody hangs a banner for being 13-3. They were also 12-4 a couple seasons ago and they got eliminated in the same place they did this season.

You mean two seasons ago on the catch that wasn't a catch?

He's 1-2 in the playoffs. Also remember the three (3) Week 17 games from 2011-2013 where they could have went into the Post Season but lost each game.

So he's 1-5 in Win or Go Home games. Wade Philips didn't even go 3 seasons. Garret is going into his 7th season. :rolleyes:

Wade Philips should never have been hired in the first place. He's a good coordinator but a lousy head coach.

I was really rooting for the Cowboys, and am sad they lost, but Green Bay just outplayed them. It was a good game and I'm glad that the Cowboys came back like they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!