curve ball...

MrsIncredible1974

Mouseketeer
So, we're 187 days out on DDP and I have all of our ADRs planned out. We'll be in the magic for 14 days from the UK.

I was chatting to my cousin tonight and he can travel to Florida from Canada for 3 days of our trip. This is lovely news and he is a vey welcome addition to our party but how does DDP work? If I book tables for 5 to secure reservations but only 4 show up (if he can't get flights / accommodation etc.) , do we get penalised?

Also, how do we pay, can we use 5 credits in there are only 4 on the plan?

I'm panicking now we're so close to booking!!!!!

If you book for 5 and 4 show up, there is no penalty.

If he's joining you in your room, he will either have to be on the same package you are, or be added at check-in. You can use your credits to pay, or split tabs.

Use to be that if only 4 were on the plan, you could only use 4 credits at once. Apparently, this is no longer the case, and you should be able to use 5 (though I have no personal experience with this). But, if your cousin wants to pay for his meal OOP, there is no issue paying for 4 meals with the DDP, and paying for 1 meal OOP. Up to your group how you all want to handle the check.

If he misses a TS meal, and only 4 show up, it won't be a problem. No penalty. Exception: for pre pay meals (dinner shows and CRT), they could charge you the full meal for no shows.

If your crew doesn't mind sharing meals, you'll likely end up with enough extra credits to treat your cousin for a few meals. It used to be much harder, but now Disney has relaxed the rules so you can pay for 5 people with credits even though you only have 4 people on your reservation.

Are you coming with free dining? Where are you staying? Can your hotel accommodate 5?

If so, consider asking your cousin if he wants to be added to your reservation. If so, he would have to pay for tickets at the rate you booked (my package is £330/USD412 per person for a 14 day Ultimate ticket) and your whole room will get an extra 14 nights of credits! You could do all kinds of splurging with that, including signature dining, dinner shows, etc. Yes, it is more ticket than he needs, but a 3 day ticket will already be USD$290-$345 anyway so not that much difference if he already has to buy his tickets.

I have been thinking about this as I am going to WDW this year on the UK free dining package (my brother lives in London). We might have extra space in our villa so my niece (also in Canada) is thinking of joining us for a few days.

I am headed to Disney on Aug 13 this year - and my ADR day is Feb 14....coming up SO soon!!! We may/may not have extra people joining us - so I am making ADRs with everyone in mind and will make appropriate changes when plans firm up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter