Currently at Poly...BIG Disney Magic

Percy The Pug

Earning My Ears
Hello To All,

We arrived for our 5th stay at The Poly. We checked in on December 28th and are staying until January 17th. Our budget did not allow this year for our usual Cinderella Castle view room. We asked for and were given Samoa, third floor, facing the volcano pool.

Anyway, the room was near the elevator and was a little bit noisy and so after a few days, my husband went to the front desk to ask if we might be able to move. He asked what the price would be to upgrade to a Castle View. Now, we have done this before....booked a garden view and then (usually at check in) ask what the rate would be to upgrade to lagoon view with a Castle view as well. The rate given to us at that time is consistently less than what we would have had to pay at booking time. Usually they charge about $40.00 more per day.

This time, however, we were given a FREE CASTLE VIEW UPGRADE!!! :wizard: :banana: :rotfl: :cool1: :tongue: We are so happy!!! We did not ask for nor did we expect this! We have a perfect third floor room in the Tahiti. We actually stayed in this exact room once before and we love it!

I am so happy...I feel like hugging the lady that did it. :hug: I would like to thank her but I probably shouldn't name her on a public board but she is TERRIFIC!

We have had a LOT of Disney magic this trip. I was sick one night and we had to cancel our dinner at Ohana. It was booked solidly until our departure and so last evening, we tried to see if we could maybe just wait and get in. We went at 6 p.m. and were told that they were over-booked, no chance of a dinner by one lady. Another lady standing beside her said, "Just a minute, let me see if I can make some Disney Magic for you". She then said, "How about right now?".

Anyway, just wanted to share my good news. I never thought that we would ever be the recipients of so much good fortune on our vacation.

Wishing you all the very same on yours. :wizard:

Percy The Pug

Wow! That's awesome! I think the CM's at the Polynesian are great- they always do everything they can to give us the best room/view.

Congratulations on all that Disney Magic :wizard:
I LOVE Tahiti - the "private" beach in front is my favorite spot ::yes:: Good for you! Enjoy :cool1: :sunny:

Hi. We are planning on going on 1/2/07. Just wondering if any of the Christmas decorations are still up? So glad you are having a great time and can't wait to be there next year.

Wow! Three weeks at Poly?!! How could you ever go home after that! Glad to hear you are having a great trip!

What is dinner at the Ohana like? I am staying there in July. :)

but the food was great when we were there. Great big skewers of barbecued meats (steak, turkey . . . shrimp?). The rest is family style on a large lazy susan in the middle of the table. I think there was salad, rice, but don't remember what else. All you care to eat. There are little games for the kids too, like coconut races around the room etc.

The last time we went, our timing was perfect. We had a table by the windows just in time for the fireworks. It was a truly magical moment.

If you go, you'll enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter