Crystal Palace was horrible

I've never eaten dinner here just breakfast and I loved it. Last time we went we had dinning plan so I didn't look at the pricing. This time we are not going with the dinning plan and was wondering what the cost of the breakfast buffet is. They don't give an actual cost just a range from $36-$59.99. We are all over 10, lol.

They do give you a price when you go to the disney site--the top price is the entire range from breakfast to dinner --but they break each one down underneath that, though. They have breakfast listed at 35.99. On allears.net, the pricing is actually cheaper, so I'm not sure of the real cost...it says that it's only 28.75 for an adult breakfast. Maybe it's considered holiday time now, so on the disney site it's more expensive? But, they do give you the exact price.

I have had both breakfast and dinner multiple times at the Crystal Palace, and think they are both great! The pork that they have at dinner is sooo good!

I will say though that they always seem to run a bit behind with seating guests. I just remind myself that an ADR is not the same thing as a reservation at any real world restaurant. It is not fun having to wait, but I think the experience and the food is well worth it.

We are having breakfast there during our next trip, and I can hardly wait!!

Oh no!!! We have an ADR there for dinner! Maybe I will be changing that.....

Don't! I have had dinner twice at the Crystal Palace and really enjoyed it both times. Keep in mind that if you look you will find bad reviews for every restaurant on Disney property. You really need to go and find out for yourself.

I was seriously thinking the same thing but we are going to stick it out and see for ourselves. If it's good we'll enjoy it and if it's bad we'll never go again.:confused3

When we were there a kid in front of us licked the plate and stuck it back we had a very similar experience as well

Sounds like breakfast and lunch gives the chance of a better meal then dinner.

We went for lunch, and in July at that, and while it was busy, it was still a nice meal. I think the trick here is breakfast or early lunch when they first switch the menu. Kids tend to be better behaved at that time of the day, so less chance of disgusting acts occurring like the plate licking incident

We were there on Nov 5th and it was disgusting. Our reservations were late (8pm). We didn't get seated until closer to 9pm and the place was a mess. Food was everywhere and the choices were limited. This was our first Disney meal and it didn't not go over well with any of us.

My hubby is a chef and we both work in private club that has many different buffets (hot and cold) throughout the year. We expected alot more and we were very much digusted with the food, the cleanliness, decor and character interaction.

I might try breakfast if we have free dining again, but I wouldn't go back for dinner.

Just wanted to say that my folks and I went to the Crystal Palace on 12/1/11 for lunch...our reservation was for 12:50 but I think they had us in there by 12:45 (we checked in early). It was clean and the food was great. The characters were great too, especially Tigger, who was a hoot! We did not notice any messes on the floor or at the buffet. Maybe its just a dinner thing? I would definitely encourage people to go for lunch based on my own experiences.

We also didn't like Crystal Palace. Waited over an hour past our ADR time only for the 3 of us to be crammed at a two top. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to ask the lady next to move each time I had to leave the table. I thought the food was okay, but it reminded us of wedding food. We wont ever go for dinner again.

I can't comment on the lunch or dinner because our Crystal Palace reservation was for breakfast, but we thought the food was great and we had a very good experience. I would recommend trying the breakfast buffet out as I've heard it is one of the best at WDW.

I am sorry to hear your dinner was so bad!

We have only done breakfast there and it is great!! It was one of our first picks for our upcoming trip in May!

Terri

I made a lunch reservation there for 2:00. I wonder if I should make it an earlier lunch?

Cape May only has characters at breakfast, right?

We had breakfast, not dinner, at CP on our last trip. While I wouldn't have described it as horrible, it was definitely our family's least favorite table service meal (others were Tusker House, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Rose and Crown, and Liberty Tree Tavern).

I made a lunch reservation there for 2:00. I wonder if I should make it an earlier lunch?

Cape May only has characters at breakfast, right?

We did Cape May for dinner and there were no characters. (But the crab legs were to die for!)

If you can get an earlier reservation, it wouldn't hurt. Ours was for 12:50 and it was still good past 1:00 when we were eating there. Not sure what it would be like by 2:00, though. Honestly, it probably depends on when you go. We've been at low crowd levels both times and only had to wait a few minutes for them to call our names, plus inside it was not packed, clean and the characters had time to see everyone. I could definitely see how there might be problems if its on a crowded day and the place is packed, though.

the last time i ate here was in 2001 - my dd was 7 at the time and i am not sure if we went for dinner or lunch but the food selection was not for us - i just scored a ressie for 8:35am on the 16th because i hear the breakfast is awesome, cant wait.

We ate there last week, once for lunch and once for breakfast. In fact, we are in the pictures in Josh's review over on EasyWDW.

I wasn't impressed either. The food was only so-so, definitely nothing to get excited about. Lines were long. Characters were okay but rushed. Service was mediocre.

We had better breakfasts at:

Cape May
The Wave
1900 PF

We had better lunches at:

Grand Floridian Cafe
The Wave
1900 PF
Mama Melrose (although that entire lunch experience took a LONG time)

Haven't tried CP for dinner and I don't think we ever will.

Was so excited to finally get an ADR there for dinner during our recent 8 day trip (we had the DDP). Lots of great memories of fun and good food during past visits. But this time around, the food was very disappointing. Still had fun but not sure about "wasting" a dining credit there again, especially now that our kids are older and seeing the characters isn't the top priority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter