"cruise casual" "dress-up night"

MrJimmyDale

TGM Refugee
1st cruise this weekend....what would be appropriate for men/women for cruise casual nights?

also for dress-up night?

I assume that people actually follow this dress code.
Thanks alot.................. :)

Hi, the Wonder is a very casual cruise.
No tank tops or shorts in dining room ever is the basic rule.
Pirate night you are invited to dress as a pirate or tropical dress.

Most nights you see men in dockers and a collared shirt. Pull over or button up either way is just fine.

women are in nice slacks and a pretty blouse or what I would call a Church dress.
One restaurant is more formal and women usually wear a nice dress or pant suit there. Men wear slacks and a dress shirt and tie. I saw very few in an entire suit.

Itis different on the Magic they really dress up more than the Wonder.
That has been my experience in my 8 cruises on the Wonder.

It was very relaxed and casual.

mom x4,grandma x4

Good question. I was going to ask something similar but I'll see if I get a response here too.

Do most men rent a tux for formal night? I was wondering if I'd be fine in a black suit?

On the wonder i saw maybe 4 or 5 with a Tux the entire evening. Most men just wear a suit for nicer dress.

On the Magic it is more than on the Wonder, but still not a huge amount I saw maybe 3 in our dining room and a dozen all nigth in the halls and such. Most just wear a nice suit.
My DH has always wore a suit and never felt out of place.

mom x4,grandma x4

CT_Dad said:
Good question. I was going to ask something similar but I'll see if I get a response here too.

Do most men rent a tux for formal night? I was wondering if I'd be fine in a black suit?

We have only been on the Magic so I can not speak for the Wonder.

On the Magic you will see a few in Tuxs, but it is not the norm. Most men opt for suits/ sportscoats with shirt and tie. This year I went with a dress shirt and tie, but no jacket. I did not feel under dressed, but I would not go with any less to feel dressed appropriately.

Have a great trip!

Sean

We debated renting a tux for DH and I am so glad we didn't waste the money. Most men were in nice suits on formal night. My dh brought one nice dark suit and wore his dressier shirt and tie to formal night.

**The best tip about formal night that we read on this board was to send your suit to be pressed when you arrive onboard. It is about the same as having the suit pressed at home and you won't have to worry about wrinkles. We sent all his shirts too. It is vacation after all!

Thanks to everyone for the info. I'll use it too.

Some how, my 8 year old son got it in his head that he has to wear a suit to eat on our upcoming Wonder trip (his first cruise) :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 .

Every store that we have been into for the last couple weeks that sales clothing, he asks "can I go try on a suit?" :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter