Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flex Pass is actually geared for the passholder who lives farther away (3+ hour drive). Most really local passholders don't like to be stuck in a reservation system, especially since it's not guaranteed that there will be open reservations the day or week of. Those of us that live farther away have to make plans in advance anyway, so the Flex Pass is a wonderful option for us.
I personally love it! We save literally $150 a month with this pass, but can still use it on Saturday's when we mainly go (we have the Signature Plus previously). I live in LA, but never take spontaneous trips (hard with 2 kids). You can reserve both parks if there is availability. I am assuming WDW could roll the same system out relatively easily.

Too bad the report is after the tuesday show. Seems like all of the juicy info comes out on tuesday after 2pm EST. Maybe Craig and Pete/Ryno will have an live stream like Craig and Ryno did last week after the Florida guidelines came out
This is a regular occurrence with the earnings calls.

This is a regular occurrence with the earnings calls.

oh, I know. But many of them don’t feel as potential big as tomorrow’s. Then again, there’s a good chance they say a lot without giving out any real information regarding opening. I think there’s a better chance they announce the “NBA plan” during the earnings than an official reopening date of the parks

oh, I know. But many of them don’t feel as potential big as tomorrow’s. Then again, there’s a good chance they say a lot without giving out any real information regarding opening. I think there’s a better chance they announce the “NBA plan” during the earnings than an official reopening date of the parks

I think anybody expecting a "big" announcement at the earning call is going to be dissapointed. We'll learn how bad their losses are looking with everything shut down and what they would like to do to get things restarted but nothing different then what we already know and no dates around anything. I think in most cases Disney doesn't know anything yet in regards to things like dates and while lying to customers may be unethical lying to investors is illegal and they are not going to risk promising anything to investors they cannot 100% delivery. If you ever real stock reports they often have a long list of "potential things that can go wrong" including a lot that are very very unlikely but even unlikely has to be included. Misleading investors is a big deal and if disney straight doesn't know (which I expect is the case) they cannot and will not promise anything to investors.

I expect we'll mostly get a lot of "if this and if that then maybe we can do this" type stuff. Nothing concrete and nothing big other then how big they estimate their losses to be.

I think if they were to announce the “NBA plan,” that would be huge news! If this plan comes to fruition, it could provide needed funds to help their reopening strategy.

I think they have a very good idea of a target date at this point, but like you said, they cant and wont say anything regarding an official date until they KNOW they can open. I think Disney has to inform the public of a date as soon as they know they can definitely open on a certain date because you have to give some people out of town enough of a heads up, rather than a few days to a week. I would say more closer to 3 weeks at minimum that theyd have to give people, and an extra few for people to cancel or reschedule their trips.

I think if they were to announce the “NBA plan,” that would be huge news! If this plan comes to fruition, it could provide needed funds to help their reopening strategy.

Something like the NBA plan would be its own press conference/announcement from the NBA commissioner and likely broadcast on ESPN. You just don't get those announcements in an earnings call.

I’m just going to throw this out there. I think I’m pretty lenient when it comes to moderating but it’s getting to the point where I just can’t do that anymore.

Just because an article/video says Florida doesn’t mean it’s relevant to Disney. I completely understand there are different sides to this. I completely understand this is a stressful time for everyone. I myself have seen a large income decrease. I myself had to cancel my first Disneyland trip. I get it, I truly do. That doesn’t mean we can discuss politics here. That doesn’t mean we can attack other posters because they disagree with you. That doesn’t mean we can discuss all these different studies and statistical numbers regarding the virus. Those things do nothing good here and are irrelevant to the thread in most cases.

Many if not all people use Disney and Disney related content/sites like these boards as an escape. Yes this is very much reality but let’s just take a breath and pause to think before posting.

@rteetz while I know I have been part of the problem at times I think you've done a great job at moding this thread. I would have locked it a long time ago. If you do 21 marathon weekend, I'll buy you a beer. Your work is appreciated.

With retail stuff opening up, I don't think its long before every DS retail shop that wants to open up does so.

People are talking about announcements today or perhaps dates on re-opening the parks during the earnings call....one announcement that could be set in stone would be the re-opening of Disney Springs stores, as the state of Florida has given the go-ahead for that. That would whet the appetite of people looking for positive news, and it would give shareholders news that they are moving forward with plans to re-open even though the parks wouldn't necessarily get mentioned specifically.

Something like the NBA plan would be its own press conference/announcement from the NBA commissioner and likely broadcast on ESPN. You just don't get those announcements in an earnings call.

Disney has no bearing on the decisions of the NBA with regards to re-starting the season. I'm sure they'd love to host something if they could, but the logistics of such a plan would be really hard. It's the main reason why the MLB talk of playing all games in Arizona/Florida never really gained traction.

Before any plan moves forward, the NBA would need approval from the owners and the players union. If Disney was truly an outlet to re-start the season, it probably would have happened by now. With WDW now, by most accounts, preparing for re-opening in the coming weeks, I don't think it works.

Disney has no bearing on the decisions of the NBA with regards to re-starting the season. I'm sure they'd love to host something if they could, but the logistics of such a plan would be really hard. It's the main reason why the MLB talk of playing all games in Arizona/Florida never really gained traction.

Before any plan moves forward, the NBA would need approval from the owners and the players union. If Disney was truly an outlet to re-start the season, it probably would have happened by now. With WDW now, by most accounts, preparing for re-opening in the coming weeks, I don't think it works.

MLB is different. Their players union is more difficult to deal with to come up with a plan. They’re also trying to start a season, not finish one. Plus the multiple state plan takes a lot more work to tidy everything up than having one site for every team.

I’m not local, but I never got the impression that locals went to Citywalk like they did DS. Without stores that seems like a real hassle to go all the way into CityWalk for Starbucks.

Our experience as local is that we avoid Citywalk for dinner. Additionally, most other locals I know go to more "Mom and Pop" restaurants to support community establishments at far less cost.

That being said, I do agree the offerings now at DS is far superior in terms of eateries and with free parking regardless of time of day.

Our experience as local is that we avoid Citywalk for dinner. Additionally, most other locals I know go to more "Mom and Pop" restaurants to support community establishments at far less cost.

That being said, I do agree the offerings now at DS is far superior in terms of eateries and with free parking regardless of time of day.

I agree I don't know many people that visit City Walk unless it's to go to the park. However, I do eat at Margaritaville about once a year.

I don't think they have a reopening date. For now, it's a day by day thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter