Crowds for 4th of July

elvispursley

DIS Veteran
Thinking of moving our trip from the end of Aug to the end of June. Date-wise, our "new" trip would fall over the 4th of July. What has been everyone's experience doing the 4th of July at WDW??

Surprisingly 4th of July week is not nearly as busy as it used to be. It used to be nuts on crowd calendars, like CL 11 on a 1-10 scale lol along with Christmas and Easter weeks. It’s actually equal or better than most weeks in fall now.

Compared to late August (which is below average crowds), July 4th week will be busier.

We were there on the 4th of July last year and found it manageable. It was definitely super hot, but with Genie+ and purchasing a couple of ILL, we were able to ride everything we wanted. I thought it would be busier too.

After crunching numbers, we decided to keep our Aug/Sep trip. We went the day after Labor Day last year, and yes, extremely hot and humid! We definitely took a nap-break around 1pm and returned around 4pm to the parks, usually hopping. Trying to squeeze one more trip in before my AP expires (on 9/4) otherwise we would definitely book later. Need to do a trip in Dec. for all the Christmas stuff!!! But quite happy to do MNSSHP again, even if it's Aug! 🤣

After crunching numbers, we decided to keep our Aug/Sep trip. We went the day after Labor Day last year, and yes, extremely hot and humid! We definitely took a nap-break around 1pm and returned around 4pm to the parks, usually hopping. Trying to squeeze one more trip in before my AP expires (on 9/4) otherwise we would definitely book later. Need to do a trip in Dec. for all the Christmas stuff!!! But quite happy to do MNSSHP again, even if it's Aug! 🤣
A good move considering Tiana and RNRC will surely be open by then

I was there last year and it was SUPER hot - and I think it kept some out of the parks. I know I didn't wander over until late afternoon myself haha! The crowds were not terrible and I go often. I also went at the end of August last year and there were fewer crowds - BUT - Orlando got sideswiped by a hurricane so we had a lot of rain and it was windy - like sideways rain. I think people probably canceled their trip that week. Your July timeframe is less likely to have a hurricane issue - which could be a good thing. I've been in August a few times and had the most torrential rain storms (days of rain) on those trips...but that is likely just my luck!

We are going for 2 days before the cruise that week. I’m assuming very very humid. Heat don’t matter to us. It’s the humidity that just crushes us.

People often ask, when are crowds low? Last year, the morning and afternoon of July Fourth was it!

Those early-in-the-day crowds led to many stories stating that people were abandoning visiting Disney, attendance was way down and the end was near.

Anyway, I do think summer is the new "off" season at WDW, but there are still plenty of people.

We were there the week of July 4 last year and every day in July leading up to the 4th was insanely quiet. DW and I couldn’t believe it! July 4 was busier but still manageable. We had one of our best (if not best) trips ever.

Anyway, I do think summer is the new "off" season at WDW, but there are still plenty of people.

I agree, it is way too HOT/HUMID to enjoy walking for miles @ Disney in the summer. Many who go that time of year for their first vacation, usually say they will never do that again. I think over the years as attendance has grown for Disney, there really isn't a slow time anymore. Even if you live in a part of the country that gets hot in the summer, I doubt you do your most strenuous outdoor activities the hottest hours of the day.

I was there June 5-12th and July 6-10th last year. July was waaaaay less crowded. It was eerily quite, but they had the special ticket blocked for the 4th last year so I think that was part of the reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter