• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Creativity Needed

TonyS20

Mouseketeer
My DH and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary in 2006; however, being the compulsive planner that I am, I am already working on it! :o Anyway, we are trying to compromise and here's the story:

My DH does NOT want a formal VR ceremony. Basically, he knows his family will not make the trip and that my family will want to and he doesn't want to deal with that. He also does NOT want to go in May and be there for our actual anniversary (too hot and too many lines).
Therefore, I have told him he can pick any month that he would like (He will probably pick January since we had the best time that time of the year.). BUT, we would do SOMETHING for our 10th and it WON'T be a formal VR ceremony.

Here's where the creativity part comes in! ;) I need some ideas on what to do. We don't find dining to be particularly romantic, so I'm looking for ideas that are not restaurants/dining experiences. Also, looking to keep the "event" under $1000 (hopefully less, but that is the max). Additionally, it does not have to be anything that is "romantic" in the usual sense. We both have a great sense of humor and would rather do something fun and different and look back in 50 years and say "do you remember our 10th anniversary when we...". Also, we don't have any children and don't plan on having them before the anniversary, so they don't have to be included in the plan.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help! :Pinkbounc

Just off the top of my head, you could do a simple VR in a hot air balloon as it flies over Orlando.

I'll check back if I think of anything else.

I can't remember the name of the company off hand, but a group plans suprises around disneyworld, scavenger hunts etc. You could plan one for your hubby, or (I think) you both could be suprised.

The one I liked was a hidden camera tour, where one day the "pixies" follow you around taking pictures of you having a great time, then they suprise you at the end of the day with the film. It could be a neat idea:)

That website you are thinking of bekkiz is www.giftsofalifetme.com and I think that is a great idea.... they do all kinds of things like she said the scavenger hunts while they film you, the can sneak a surprise to you while in the park or will bring it to your hotel. They should be able to help with almost anything you can think of. I would definetely check them out! Good luck!:Pinkbounc

WOW! You guys are the best!! :smooth: What great ideas!

Aurora63 - I really like the idea of a hot air balloon VR. That would be very cool! I will have to start researching that option. :D

bekkiz and mandasbutterfly - The idea of using gifts of a lifetime is great. :Pinkbounc I actually contacted them about this, but they were unable to provide any details about what they offer and their prices since this won't be taking place until 2006. I have heard of the scavenger hunts, but I don't think my DH would like that. :rolleyes: Do you know any more details about the pictures they could take? Sounds like they would be more candid shots? :confused:

I have been looking into a disney photography session (probably at MGM) and looked at their on-line samples. I just don't know which park would be the best. I was thinking we could add additional hours and do a few different areas. I'm sure it would be pricey, but worth it in the long run for the memories.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I'm open to any and all suggestions! :Pinkbounc Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter