• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crane Behind Cinderella's Castle

this is the kind of thing my husband and I would get in a big domestic about. Him: crane! ugly eyesore! Ruining pictures! Scandal! Me: dude? DISNEY. Castle. Mickey. Main Street. Family smiles. Crane? Least important thing about the day. 5yo does not give two hoots about the crane. Perspective, please.

So, perspective. :)

Yup.

It was up while we were there in September. We joked that it was our 3rd child. However, as you can see...it really isn't THAT bad. Once you look at your pictures, you tend to focus on your childrens' smiling faces. Plus, like another poster stated, it is really easy to photoshop out if you want to.

214ch2f.jpg

It was up while we were there in September. We joked that it was our 3rd child. However, as you can see...it really isn't THAT bad. Once you look at your pictures, you tend to focus on your childrens' smiling faces. Plus, like another poster stated, it easy really easy to photoshop out if you want to.

CastleCrane_CC_mindygirl5238_zpsbe935a43.jpg

Was there in September as well, during our whole 10 day trip. Didn't seem like it was doing anything... always in the same spot.

Having said that, we were able to get some very "strategic" photos where you can't see it, or at least, can barely see it in the pics.

Being that it seems to be a new fixture at WDW... just roll with it and work around it.

I'm more bummed about the scaffolding put up presently in the hub area to begin phase 2 of the hub renovations.....

I'm more bummed about the scaffolding put up presently in the hub area to begin phase 2 of the hub renovations.....

This! At least photoshop takes care of the crane fairly easy...those ugly walls and the Partners statue being covered aren't as easy a fix :( Not a trip ruiner by a long shot but a bummer nonetheless. Maybe there's a good place from the side of the castle to still get a good shot? Here's hoping!

This! At least photoshop takes care of the crane fairly easy...those ugly walls and the Partners statue being covered aren't as easy a fix :( Not a trip ruiner by a long shot but a bummer nonetheless. Maybe there's a good place from the side of the castle to still get a good shot? Here's hoping!

There's a photo spot along the bridge to tomorrowland where one can get good shots. From that angle, the crane is usually off to the side of the castle rather than behind it, and it can be hidden mostly by a street light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter