Coupon Train ~~ New Riders Welcome!

Shyann ---- Envie received. Thank you!

Alyssa --- I'll have a nice envie headed your way on Monday. Enjoy!!

IRS TAX REFUND INFO

Okay, the refund cycle is the same this year as it has been in previous years, with e-filers getting their refund within 21 days of it being accepted (sometimes as quickly as 7-10 days) HOWEVER, if you've claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), the IRS, by law, must hold these returns until February 15th for processing. After 2/15, the will start releasing the refunds but they may not hit your account until the week of February 27th.
You can go to IRS.gov and look at Publication 152 (or is it 154?) for the specific information.

I know I'm disappointed about this! I'm only getting $32 in EITC... had I known about this issue, I wouldn't have claimed it! I always file early because I depend on this refund for various reasons! Now, I'll be getting my refund a month and a half AFTER it's been accepted by the IRS.

Last edited:
Received my envie on Thursday from Quasi and will have mine ready to mail to Pccsakura tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No envie rec'd this week. Probably due to the Monday holiday.

I have an envie ready to go on Monday toHULAGIRL87/Amy.

I received from DACRAIG09 this past Saturday and mailed out to Quasi123 yesterday (Monday).

Something interesting happened this past weekend when I was shopping. Two different stores and two different employees said basically the same thing to me about my coupons.
At Target, I purchased diapers and did the promo where you purchased 3 boxes and received a $20 GC back. I had a Target coupon for $10 off of $50 diapers and wipes and then three $2 off one box each. I received the GC and then the $10 and two of the $2 coupons scanned but the third $2 coupon would not. The cashier called the manager over who said, "oh we don't allow you to use coupons if you are doing a GC promo anymore." This confused me since only one coupon would not scan. I had also done the baby food deal where you purchase 15 items and got a $5 GC and I have coupons that covered 14 of the items. He then proceeded to tell me that you can't stack coupons and/or Cartwheel also, the system won't allow it. Not true as everything else had processed without a problem. I asked him why and he replied "Corporate changed the coupon policy back in October because they realized some shoppers were saving too much money." I kid you not, that was his answer. I just thanked him and finished checking out.

At Walmart, I had a couple of coupons that were $1 off of two items. I had two coupons so I purchased four items which happened to be marked $1 each. Rollback I guess because this item was $1.25 last time I purchased it. When I checked out the cashier had an odd look on her face when she was scanning my coupons. After she handed me the receipt she asked to look at it. I asked if there was an issue, and she said she was just checking to see if the system took the full $1 off on those because if it did that meant I got a couple items for free. and then she said, "it really isn't fair if you get items for free, you should have to pay something for them." She wasn't rude or anything and I just thanked her and left.

I couldn't that two different employees at two different stores had issues with me saving money.

In other exciting Disney discount news however, at the Character Warehouse in Sawgrass Mills, they had the DL 60th anniversary hats that my DH was eyeing when we were there over the summer that was $25 in the park were $3 at the outlet! We bought 3! They also had some Vera Bradley stuff too - I don't recall seeing that at the outlets before, and I was really tempted but resisted (for now).

Good job on resisting the Vera Bradley. I was there the weekend before and couldn't resist. I purchase DD a backpack for $40 and myself a bag for $30, plus I got the extra 10% off with my Disney CC. Excited because both bags are usually over $100 each. Since they are part of my advertising system, I call them a business expense. :thumbsup2

I received from DACRAIG09 this past Saturday and mailed out to Quasi123 yesterday (Monday).

Something interesting happened this past weekend when I was shopping. Two different stores and two different employees said basically the same thing to me about my coupons.
At Target, I purchased diapers and did the promo where you purchased 3 boxes and received a $20 GC back. I had a Target coupon for $10 off of $50 diapers and wipes and then three $2 off one box each. I received the GC and then the $10 and two of the $2 coupons scanned but the third $2 coupon would not. The cashier called the manager over who said, "oh we don't allow you to use coupons if you are doing a GC promo anymore." This confused me since only one coupon would not scan. I had also done the baby food deal where you purchase 15 items and got a $5 GC and I have coupons that covered 14 of the items. He then proceeded to tell me that you can't stack coupons and/or Cartwheel also, the system won't allow it. Not true as everything else had processed without a problem. I asked him why and he replied "Corporate changed the coupon policy back in October because they realized some shoppers were saving too much money." I kid you not, that was his answer. I just thanked him and finished checking out.

At Walmart, I had a couple of coupons that were $1 off of two items. I had two coupons so I purchased four items which happened to be marked $1 each. Rollback I guess because this item was $1.25 last time I purchased it. When I checked out the cashier had an odd look on her face when she was scanning my coupons. After she handed me the receipt she asked to look at it. I asked if there was an issue, and she said she was just checking to see if the system took the full $1 off on those because if it did that meant I got a couple items for free. and then she said, "it really isn't fair if you get items for free, you should have to pay something for them." She wasn't rude or anything and I just thanked her and left.

I couldn't that two different employees at two different stores had issues with me saving money.

:scared1: I'm speechless! :faint:

Just got back from WDW last night. We're all in a daze and my poor DD is crying that she wants to go back. Mind you, this is my teen and not my toddler!
One large envie going to Cameron991 tomorrow.

:wave: Received an envie from Quasi123 today. I'm sure you mailed it on Monday from where you live but the postmark read yesterday from Fort Myers. :confused3 :scratchin :confused3 The USPS never fails to surprise and confuse me.

Been sending to TonyaG on Monday's (or Tuesday when the PO is closed).
Been receiving from Alyssa just fine! Got SIX envies from her this week!!

:wave: Received an envie from Quasi123 today. I'm sure you mailed it on Monday from where you live but the postmark read yesterday from Fort Myers. :confused3 :scratchin :confused3 The USPS never fails to surprise and confuse me.

Wow! Wonder how that happened? I did mail it on Monday. Just really late posting. I received from Eyor44 on Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter