Couple of Questions About Podcast Cruising

shellynn24

DIS Veteran
I have never been on a cruise before but I would really like to go on PCC 4.0. First question...is a 7 night cruise too much for a first timer? I'm seriously afraid of cruising and I have heard the the podcast crew say once you try it you'll love it but is 7 nights of "trying it" too much for the first time?

Second question...my kids visit their Dad this Christmas and would not be coming on the cruise, have others gone solo and enjoyed the trip? Or did you feel like the "third wheel"? Weird question, I know, lol.

Thanks for your help!

I have never been on a cruise before but I would really like to go on PCC 4.0. First question...is a 7 night cruise too much for a first timer? I'm seriously afraid of cruising and I have heard the the podcast crew say once you try it you'll love it but is 7 nights of "trying it" too much for the first time?

Second question...my kids visit their Dad this Christmas and would not be coming on the cruise, have others gone solo and enjoyed the trip? Or did you feel like the "third wheel"? Weird question, I know, lol.

Thanks for your help!

You'll love it. Our first cruise [many years ago] was a 5-nighter. Much shorter than that, may as well not go. 7-days, and you'll only have to unpack once. We're in port several days, so it's not like 7-days at sea with nothing to do. And I'm sure the crew will keep us busy on sea days.

I travel with family. But know bunches of folks that travel with no kids, and several who travel solo. Never heard any complaints about not having fun.

Join in on the chit-chat thread, and make friends. That way you'll 'know' folks before the cruise.

First let me say that you will not be "solo" on this cruise. There will be something like 700 of your closest friends with you. There will be stuff to do with others just about all the time...and time for yourself when you want it.

I know that 7-days sounds like a lot but you will be surprised at how fast this goes. The DIS folks will have a lot planned. If you're afraid of being "cooped up" on a ship for all that time, don't be. The ship itself is huge, with lots of things to do. In addition, there are several days in ports where you can get off and do stuff.

Thank you so much for your input. I will join in on the chit chat thread to get to know the other people going.

Just wanted to add that you'll see some of us chatting away with others on board because we've met them in person before so we know each other by sight.

But there are many people that we only know by board name as well. Don't be afraid to come up and introduce yourself - we will all be wearing name tags with our board names on them. We're not intentionally limiting ourselves to those that we "know", its just that we are catching up with them.

Thanks for your help!

No, not at all. I went on PCC 2.0 which was 4 nights....and I felt it was too short...there is SO much to do, not just the Pod Cast stuff, but the ship has many offerings as well. You will have a great time, and don't worry about being alone.....you won't be. Join in with the chit chat and get to know us...we will have lanyards to wear...when you see one, come up and say hello.....I'm thinking about setting up a facebook page for PCC 4.0 cruisers, if I do, I will post it.

I look forward to chatting with you and meeting you in December.

Cheri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter