Counterfeiting Digital DVC Membership cards

I know the Disney Parks merchandise stores are sticklers for seeing the card and a piece of ID, but we had a couple stores (third party stores in Downtown Disney that I won't name to protect them:-)) that gave us the DVC discounts without us asking just because we were wearing our DVC 25 year buttons.

we've had the same experience at some stores and restaurants just wearing the magic band DVC slider.

I have never been able to use my DVC Membership Card without first presenting my drivers license. Given its limited utility, I see no reason for concern. Now, if those DVC Membership Cards gave us access to Club 33, then there would be greater cause for concern :D

Just curious, if I became a member after April 2016, is printing a digital card option not available ?
You would have access to the digital card, but it will be white and have a vertical orientation (like drivers licenses for minors).

With what must be a near 80% markup on their items, I don't think Disney is all too worried about a mere 20% discount slipping away on a few bad apples. Ultimately, I don't know how many people are even going to learn about the digital version. If they're not a DVC member, there is no reason to log onto the site anyway. And at the end of the day, if people truly have nothing else better to do than create fake ID cards to try to save pittance, then so be it.

I know the Disney Parks merchandise stores are sticklers for seeing the card and a piece of ID, but we had a couple stores (third party stores in Downtown Disney that I won't name to protect them:-)) that gave us the DVC discounts without us asking just because we were wearing our DVC 25 year buttons.
we've had the same experience at some stores and restaurants just wearing the magic band DVC slider.
I sometimes wear my magic band slider because it's unobtrusive. However, I refuse to fall for the walking advertisement bit and wear that stupid pin. I took one home as a souvenir. But I turn them down at the parks when they offer them to me, and I never ever wear one.

We went down in between the old card and the new dark blue card.

I had the new card, and hubby had the old.

Let me tell you about the hullabaloo that happened in one of the stores in MK when my hubby tried to use the old card. They made this huge ordeal until I came over and showed them the new card and my ID.

I guess it really all depends on who you have.

Let me tell you about the hullabaloo that happened in one of the stores in MK when my hubby tried to use the old card. They made this huge ordeal until I came over and showed them the new card and my ID.

I guess it really all depends on who you have.

Watch out for Paul from West Covina, CA in DL. We used the digital card all over all day (in DL most food places give you 10%) but Paul wasn't having it. He actually said: "We're more strict on Main Street." I did not know that Main Street was run by the Disney Mafia but I'll be more careful next time.

As for showing ID, for me it's opposite of logic. The expensive stuff (dooney purse, expensive dinner), no questions asked. But when I try to buy a DVC decal for $7.95, better get that ID ready.....

Watch out for Paul from West Covina, CA in DL. We used the digital card all over all day (in DL most food places give you 10%) but Paul wasn't having it. He actually said: "We're more strict on Main Street." I did not know that Main Street was run by the Disney Mafia but I'll be more careful next time.

As for showing ID, for me it's opposite of logic. The expensive stuff (dooney purse, expensive dinner), no questions asked. But when I try to buy a DVC decal for $7.95, better get that ID ready.....
It's even better when I'm the main account holder and we don't share a last name. Oh, the Disney Mafia alarms sound.

Do you own OKW?
My (legitimate) card says 2009, even though I "joined" in 2014. That membership was initiated with a BLT purchase, which opened in 2009. So, that's my theory.
Interesting... I just checked my digital card. States "Member Since 2005"
I guess the first five years of my membership didn't count! :headache:

I don't see that there is any need to print them at all. Wouldn't just download it to your phone. So you can show it a CM along with your ID. They don't need a paper copy.

As to counterfeiting, it would be easy, but why bother especially as a business. The business would need to advertise to sell the counterfeit cards and and Disney keeps a close eye on anything labeled Disney on the internet so Disney would catch it pretty quickly and shut down the business. People might counterfeit a card themselves when they let their DVC contracts go or sell them. Then DVC will have to drop the digital card and stick with the dated plastic cards that expire.

Disneyland would not accept my photocopy of DVC card with an ID at two in park stores. I was one of the last to receive my new card (months after my trip there) and was really annoyed because of the "just print a copy of the card" line we were instructed to do. I put all my items back on the shelf - ended up getting the same t shirt I really wanted for $15 less on ebay so it was better in the end. The fact that they communicate different policies in different places drives me crazy.

Disneyland would not accept my photocopy of DVC card with an ID at two in park stores. I was one of the last to receive my new card (months after my trip there) and was really annoyed because of the "just print a copy of the card" line we were instructed to do. I put all my items back on the shelf - ended up getting the same t shirt I really wanted for $15 less on ebay so it was better in the end. The fact that they communicate different policies in different places drives me crazy.

You could have logged onto the MS website and showed them your digital card that way. Maybe they would have accepted that one. If they didn't I would have asked for a manager unless it was more trouble than it was worth.

I am glad it worked out for you anyway.

Here was my experience this December at POR (we stayed cash). I had a print out of my card bc i misplaced my actual card. The first time i went to go use it at the resort gift shop the CM told me she couldnt accept that. I told her according to the website i could use this. She called her manager over who said it was fine but they are supposed not supposed to accept a print out but she would this time. But next time i could bring it up on my phone.

The next time i went to use it (disney springs maybe), i pulled out the card and said "i can bring it up on my phone if you want"
This Cm's reply was "nope this is fine"

So for the rest of the weekend i just used the print out and it was accepted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter